Exclusive: More Than 2 Dozen Women & Men Who Worked on Bernie’s 2016 Campaign ARE SEEKING A MEETING with Sanders + Advisers

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Exclusive: More Than 2 Dozen Women & Men Who Worked on Bernie’s 2016 Campaign ARE SEEKING A MEETING with Sanders + Advisers

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Segami
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,592

“…Exclusive: More than 2 dozen women and men who worked on Bernie’s 2016 campaign are seeking a meeting with Sanders + advisers to “discuss the issue of s e xual violence and harassment on the 2016 campaign” according to a copy of letter obtained by POLITICO….”

https://twitter.com/AlxThomp/status/1079541518455750658

Medicare For All | The Gold Standard Health Care Plan

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 865

A new DNC smear campaign begins…

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,933
      Babel 17
      Participant

“The undersigned will set the agenda for the meeting”

And the timing of this announcement, as candidates are in the process of announcing their bids for the nomination, is just a coincidence.

And what “ongoing conversations” are being referred to? It sure wasn’t in the news, and the media would have leapt at such.

If Bernie’s paid staffers committed abuses then that is more than just serious. But how did so many people remain silent about that for years? How did they find each other?

If fellow volunteers committed abuses that is also serious. But afaik anyone could walk in and start doing volunteer work. If you canvassed with someone, it was by choice. That’s how me and my canvassing partner, a young woman, teamed up.

<more to follow>

Babel 17
      Participant

The local campaign HQ had a paid Sanders volunteer in charge, and he was usually there all the time. There was also a woman there most of the time who had her own office and was usually on the phone. Not sure if she was paid or not.

We had a lot of young people, lots of whom were women, and we all strove to be on our best behavior, and any of us would have been supportive if someone complained of being abused.

The person who ran the office was top notch, he got chosen to run another office after the NY primary was over.

<still more to come>

Babel 17
      Participant

So I’m wondering if some people volunteered, and ran into abusive, racist, otherwise prejudiced, fellow volunteers who hurt them. That could happen at any kind of a rally or event.

Should there have been someone in charge of preventing volunteers abusing other volunteers? I guess now there will be, but I’m not seeing how people felt silence imposed on them, or feared that the Sanders campaign would not listen to them, or expect them to just take it on the chin.

Babel 17
      Participant
      Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,342

You can use any words there…

Can’t wait until we can use them here.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.