George W. 2021. Meet George W of 2001

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | George W. 2021. Meet George W of 2001

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,101

You can draw a straight line from the “war on terror” to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, from the state of exception that gave us mass surveillance, indefinite detention, extraordinary rendition and “enhanced interrogation” to the insurrectionist conviction that the only way to save America is to subvert it.

Or, as the journalist Spencer Ackerman writes in “Reign of Terror: How the 9/11 Era Destabilized America and Produced Trump,” “A war that never defined its enemy became an opportunity for the so-called MAGA coalition of white Americans to merge their grievances in an atmosphere of righteous emergency.” That impulse, he continues, “unlocked a panoply of authoritarian possibilities that extended far beyond the War on Terror, from stealing children to inciting a violent mob that attempted to overturn a presidential election.”

https://www.rsn.org/001/george-w-bush-2021-meet-george-w-bush-2001.html

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like Birdy Num-Nums"

If you come for Nina Turner, Your ish better be airtight like Tupperware" -Rashida Talib

gordyfl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,909

I read the excerpt from the book at the sublink of the article. The book “Reign of Terror” seems like an interesting read.

3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,783

Trump has absolutely nothing on this guy when it comes to destructive evil.

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,101

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like Birdy Num-Nums"

If you come for Nina Turner, Your ish better be airtight like Tupperware" -Rashida Talib

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.