Green Party Of Alaska Rejects National Candidate, Nominates Jesse Ventura, ‘Drawing parallels to the Draft Eisenhower movement of 1952’

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Green Party Of Alaska Rejects National Candidate, Nominates Jesse Ventura, ‘Drawing parallels to the Draft Eisenhower movement of 1952’

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      EaracheMyEye
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 38

In defiance of the national Green Party, the Green Party of Alaska has drafted Jesse Ventura and Cynthia McKinney as their presidential and vice presidential nominees, granting them ballot access in the state.

Drawing parallels to the Draft Eisenhower movement of 1952, the Green Party of Alaska outlined the following in their official statement: “Only once before in US history has an ordinary citizen been lifted up by the people and elevated to the office of President of the United States. … Over the next decade, the United States of America can emerge as leaders of the fossil-free world and end poverty globally … To get us there, we need strong leadership at ALL levels and only a trained soldier working side by side with a seasoned advocate can hope to lead the campaign of waging peace in a world at war.”

Regarding the People for Jesse’s future role in presidential campaign efforts in Alaska, Idriss added, “We are eager to collaborate with the Green Party of Alaska moving forward during this election cycle while we continue our own push to secure write-in or other forms of ballot access for a Ventura campaign. There should be no more shaming voters into settling for corrupt and ethically compromised ‘lesser evils’. The people deserve a candidate worth voting for this November, and we’re striving to make that a reality in as many states as possible.”

Source: https://www.anchoragepress.com/bulletin/green-party-of-alaska-rejects-national-candidate-nominates-jesse-ventura/article_e4d8ba02-eca2-11ea-becd-cbf43e775053.html

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth - Einstein | It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong - Voltaire | Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil - Jerry Garcia | Necessitous men are not free men - FDR | #WarIsOver #GivePeaceAChance

eridani
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10,151

–very successful at implementing US leadership in cutting down of fossil fuels.

Jesus: Hey, Dad? God: Yes, Son? Jesus: Western civilization followed me home. Can I keep it? God: Certainly not! And put it down this minute--you don't know where it's been! Tom Robbins in Another Roadside Attraction

Cold Mountain Trail
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 12,932

ventura already said he wasn’t interested & nothing he said or did in the recent movement for a peoples party broadcast made him look like hed be a good candidate or president, so why?

JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,496

When it comes to his record as governor of Minnesota he removed the residency requirement for Minneapolis police.

Cynthia McKinney is too far out there for me and has made anti semitic remarks. I don’t mean because she criticizes Israel, she goes further than that. I’d rather have Howie Hawkins & Angela Walker but if that was that ticket I would probably skip the top of the ballot.

Let this radicalize you rather than lead you to despair - Mariame Kaba

Like many public systems, GOP want to rip the battery out + say the whole car doesn’t work, so they can sell it for parts - AOC

mmonk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 904

Fear not the path of Truth for the lack of People walking on it. - RFK

bazukhov
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,996

Will it deliver enough electoral votes to swing the election?

Tell me, great captain, how do the angels sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on? Tom Waites

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.