Happy New Year! 2019 is here, and it promises to be positively weird.

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Bar and Grill | Happy New Year! 2019 is here, and it promises to be positively weird.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 17,222

Sure is starting off that way. Here in Euclid, Ohio, maybe 9 miles east-northeast of downtown Cleveland as the raven flies, it is 60F. Just smoked a cigarette with a Bombay East martini(James Bond style, shaken, not stirred) standing outside in sandals thinking of how lucky I am not to be in the Rocky Mountain hinterlands with snow and freezing temperatures.

60 in Cleveland on New Year’s Eve is somewhat Twilight Zonish, you gotta admit. Besides that, the Steelers aren’t in the playoffs for the first time since forever and won’t even be favored to win their division this year. At least not by me, which is a first time in a very long time.

Not only that, but there’s this strange orange thing in the White House foregoing a trip to his fave spot in Florida so he can sulk and tweet tantrums about his precious boondoggle of a new Great Wall. And then there’s these revelations about Third Way bots pretending to be Russian bots promoting a losing Republican Senate candidate in Alabama, of all places, which kinda throws ice water on the whole Russia! hysteria.

And then there are these attempts to paint a guy who’s married to a real estate fortune as the new RFK, and Elizabeth Warren throwing her hat in the presidential ring at the worst possible time in the public news awareness cycle; it’s almost as if she is trying to sneak past the starting line. Why would she do that? Weird.

On top of that, I’m living in the most powerful country in the world that has absolutely no coherent foreign policy whatsoever! How fun is that?

And finally, I am trying to post something more than a few paragraphs long on a site where wild hamsters may forbid it. Yes, the preponderance of the evidence definitely indicates the weird as I ring in 2019.

Finally, where are my flying cars? Where are my vacations on Mars? The Jetsons promised me these things!!!

Onward into 2019 we go. Hi ho, hi ho. Cheers! 

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,116

Currently it is 25° here in KCMO. The high tomorrow will be 25°

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

3fingerbrown
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 2,834

May 2019 be a prosperous and humanely barbaric one for you!

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

Gryneos
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,111

To the Great White North, eh!

Who are you? | What do you want? | Why are you here? | Where are you going? | Do you have anything worth living for? | Who do you serve and who do you trust?

HubHeaver
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 441

Answer:  She’s from Oklahoma!  That is, a Sooner.  That’s what they do.

Page Not Found

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,580

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 5,877

Bombay East makes it all a little easier to swallow. Happy new year, Barbarian.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.