I ’m Still Sorry I Listened To Susan Sarandon During The 2016 Election

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | I ’m Still Sorry I Listened To Susan Sarandon During The 2016 Election

• Author

eridani
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 3,661
    @eridani

I’m Still Sorry I Listened To Susan Sarandon During The 2016 Election

Just as Janet Weiss was seduced by the allure of the sex god, Rocky Horror, Sarandon was entranced by the political revolution promised by Bernie Sanders. Under the spell of the Berns, she became convinced that Clinton was dangerous and would start a war if elected. She also suggested that Trump’s election would lead to an explosive revolt, but that did not happen because Robert Mueller would never have approved and we needed his approval to have Mueller Time.

Sarandon was an obnoxious Bernie Bro. Her influence on the American population may not have been enough to convince Democratic voters to nominate Sanders over Clinton. However, when she trashed Clinton, that is when America finally came through for the star with Bette Davis eyes.

Years have gone by since Clinton did not travel to Wisconsin. All I can think of is how Sarandon still refuses to acknowledge the role she played in getting Trump elected. Her advocacy for Clinton would have made up for every failure committed by her campaign team, as they downplayed polling data that showed she was losing ground to a failing business tycoon.

While other factors, like stagnating wages and the impact of neoliberal globalization may be more responsible, focusing on the way in which Trump astutely exploited economic discontent could never give me the same satisfaction as piling on a movie actress who dissents from the liberal establishment.

Jesus: Hey, Dad? God: Yes, Son? Jesus: Western civilization followed me home. Can I keep it? God: Certainly not! And put it down this minute--you don't know where it's been! Tom Robbins in Another Roadside Attraction

N2Doc
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 4,732
    @n2doc

I wonder how long this would last at SV?

PolecatHollerer
      • Total Posts: 654
      @polecathollerer

If not expressly labelled it as satire, it would be the most popular thread of the week.

If you give a man enough rope, it will be six inches too short. This is not the nature of rope- it is the nature of man.

mindpilot
      • Total Posts: 203
      @mindpilot

It would send the nursing staff off the edge, that’s fer sure.

Over there, even Michael Moore is working for the Russians.

Slavery was the legal fiction that people can be property.
      Corporatism is the legal fiction that property can be people.

"If you believe in god, I'm probably smarter than you." -- Tom Leykis

h-32
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 77
    @h-32

I was expecting this would be satire, but from the excerpt appears to be literal:  that there is some pathetic loser out there that regrets voting for Bernie in 2016 (which has nothing to do with Trump being elected).

If so, why is this posted here on JPR?

Pam2
      Donor
      • Total Posts: 3,474
      @pam2

@h-32

It is satire. It says so at the bottom of the article.

h-32
        Donor
        • Total Posts: 77
        @h-32

Thanks!  I couldn’t quite tell from the excerpt if this was serious or satire, and I didn’t recognize the website so didn’t want to click on the link.

Babel 17
      Donor
      • Total Posts: 1,966
      @babel17

“There can be many people we blame over and over and over again so we never have to accept the reality of what happened in this country.”

I think the author was hoping to get this piece passed around by those who scanned it and took it only at face value. The nuggets that give away that it’s satire are there but I think they were meant to fly under the wire long enough so as to get this passed around among some that really do blame Sarandon.

When they finally get the reveal, maybe that will be educational.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

Hobbit709
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 971
    @hobbit709

My mind was made up long before Sarandon jumped into the fray. I voted for Bernie in the primary and after he got screwed at the convention I decided that it would be a cold day in hell before I voted for Her Royal Clintoness.  At least I had the option of voting Green in the GE.

I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing.

rampart
    • Total Posts: 437
    @rampart

if I had not sheepishly obeyed the god empress susan Sarandon’s commands SHE may have come within 20% of trump in Louisiana.

why, oh why did I not follow my heart and vote for the “most qualified woman to ever run for president? ”

if Bernie continues to run as an indy or a green in 2020 i’ll probably vote for him.

djean111
    • Total Posts: 2,442
    @djean111

Great satire.  Bonus – comments that do not understand it is satire, double points for the comment about Hillary losing because Bernie did not drop out soon enough.  I love comments!

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

Average Gazoo
    • Total Posts: 321
    @averagegazoo

Oh yeah? Well what do you expect when….
    <h1 class=”title”>Bernie Sanders is the Worst Presidential Candidate in History, and You and All Your Friends are Idiots</h1>

>Sorry to be so blunt, but like any reasonable American, I have been disgusted and appalled as America’s answer to V.I. Lenin continues to gain strength in the polls. Your so-called “populist” movement is a slap in the face to the Democratic establishment that has served us so well over the last few decades, and the idea of giving up on the theory of incremental progress for such a fundamental change makes me want to vomit in the street. (In a poor neighborhood, not my own.) <<

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/bernie-sanders-is-the-worst-presidential-candidate.html

Be the Change

Junker
    • Total Posts: 60
    @junker

Susan Sarandon the new Jane Fonda.

MistaP
      • Total Posts: 1,891
      @mistap

who was the new Marlene Dietrich?

Babel 17
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,966
    @babel17

She was basically playing her duplicitous, scheming, self in the TV miniseries Children of Dune. Or so we are led to believe, lol.

The exception is the piece’s token movie star … Susan Sarandon, having a high old time as the villain. Looking swell in slinky gowns and a collection of outer-space-deco headgear fitted with sensual silver antennas, Ms. Sarandon nearly winks into the camera. Her body language, her purring tone, the gleam in her evil eye, the curve of her evil eyebrow all declare, “Isn’t this a hoot?” In another film, such a jarring note from a principal would sink it. But she’s right; this is a hoot. Her mugging is part of the fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Herbert%27s_Children_of_Dune#Main_cast

Roll the tape!

https://www.tulsi2020.com/

mindpilot
    • Total Posts: 203
    @mindpilot

Satire you’re not really sure is satire is the best satire. And this is gold!

I tend to get confused though–when deciding who to vote for–whether I should take direction from an actor, comic, late-night host, athlete or musician. Mostly I listen to Grady down at the gas station because I think he’s Russian.

It’s actually kind of amusing to watch the VDs twist themselves in knots to blame everyone but themselves. But it is also kind of insulting that they think I vote for a candidate because someone else tells me to.

Slavery was the legal fiction that people can be property.
    Corporatism is the legal fiction that property can be people.

"If you believe in god, I'm probably smarter than you." -- Tom Leykis

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.