In 2018, Diplomats Warned of Risky Coronavirus Experiments in a Wuhan Lab. No One Listened.

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | In 2018, Diplomats Warned of Risky Coronavirus Experiments in a Wuhan Lab. No One Listened.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      PADemD
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,237

Back in 2017, the U.S. diplomats who had visited the lab in Wuhan had foreseen these very events, but nobody had listened and nothing had been done. “We were trying to warn that that lab was a serious danger,” one of the cable writers who had visited the lab told me. “I have to admit, I thought it would be maybe a SARS-like outbreak again. If I knew it would turn out to be the greatest pandemic in human history, I would have made a bigger stink about it.”

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/03/08/josh-rogin-chaos-under-heaven-wuhan-lab-book-excerpt-474322

KenTankerous
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,192

"If we define an American fascist as one who in case of conflict puts money and power ahead of human beings, then there are undoubtedly several million fascists in the United States."
      - Henry A. Wallace
      (FDR's Vice President until he was forced out by the corrupt forces of obscene wealth.)

David the Gnome
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,915

I was told by someone recently that “if you don’t believe the stories in mainstream media, you’re paranoid”.  I had to laugh.  I’ve known journalists who would tell me that that was total bull shit.  Most anyone with any amount of critical thinking skill would quickly realize that.  Simply put, there is rarely such a thing (at least such a thing shared) as universal truth.  Was the virus initially created and tested in a lab?  Was it, perhaps, even for the sake of potentially using it as a weapon?  Maybe.  Was it a lab in China?  Maybe.  In my opinion, it is just as likely that the U.S. created this for such intents.  I suspect that (assuming that is the case – I am not saying that it is – I don’t know) if it was created for that purpose, it was not an intentional release, at least not by some kind of direct, higher up government authorization.  They would have to be not just mad, but stupid, to do that.

In large part, this is because such a thing, on the grander scale, is not really predictable.  We can look at past pandemics, viruses and so on and so forth and ask whether this new one will, does, or might follow a similar pattern.  Yet there are usually variations, as nature loves variables even more than programming/coding does.  To do a thing like this would be opening Pandora’s box.

It is also worth noting that, in terms of mass destruction targeting civilian populations – only one Nation has ever used nuclear weapons for such.  In this case – that would be the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during the second world war.  If we are to examine each Nation’s individual history and patterns in regards to such things, those most likely to use such a weapon would be… well, it would begin with the U.S.  Likely followed by Russia and/or Germany, even well before China.

We can consider pogroms throughout history, we can consider Nazi concentration camps – the internment camps for Japanese Americans during the second world war.  In a modern equivalency, we can consider the detention centers for immigrant and refugee families.  None of us have a history that is exactly a shining example there.

Might have been China, might have been the U.S. – it also could just as easily have been any number of agencies within either government that have poor oversight.  Do you know how much money gets poured into vast government black holes and goes mysteriously missing?  It is a lot.  It is more than enough to fund off the books agencies that even the official government sources are unaware of – that have no kind of oversight committee.  Here or there.

How might we resolve such a thing?  Obama talked about transparency – and later proved that he was just bull shitting about creating it.  Many modern leaders do the same.  Yet if we had better oversight – and I mean really damn strict when it comes to such things, strict enough to know damn well what our money is doing and who is doing what with it… well, that would be a good start.

Otherwise, it is entirely possible that whether by accident or on purpose, a weapon of such sort (whether this was initially one or not) WILL be used.  Only, it could be a whole lot worse than covid19.  That is one thing that, to some extent, this current pandemic is making some parts of the world better prepared for.  We cannot count on always being able to find a vaccine or cure.  We cannot count on future pandemics having a low cfr.  Imagine one with 10%.  Imagine 50 – imagine anywhere near 100.  These are all possible – well, likely some tiny portion would be immune, but not enough to save our asses.

This is as grave a threat as nuclear weapons – and potentially as grave (at least to the human population and any animals that can catch these diseases from us) as climate change.  Given the state of things internationally and how connected the world has become – and given the apparent inability to learn to react appropriately to such disasters, we are one big one away from a nightmarish dystopia.

Or it may never happen.  I would not count on that.  Sooner or later, shit happens.

Earthartist
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 1,385

David you are so right! I don’t know if you watched the film I posted Coming war with China, but the USofA is nothing more then a criminal organization along with it’s mother the UK. From it’s foundation of slaughtering natives, and Mexicans to slavery of both Africans and Chinese to the slaughter of both.they moved beyond the USofA to central and South America  then to the Caribbean, South Pacific,  China.  After carpet bombing civilian cities in Germany then using Nuclear weapons on to civilian cities, that wasn’t enough then it was use black military men to experiment on and Bikini Islanders to test out what happens to them after destroying their home land and food source. Then it was on to NK,Vietnam Cambodia,Laos to refine their chemical weapons that they had started to use in Korea. And on and on. So frankly 1. Politico is a state run news outlet like the NYT WP WSJ NBC ABC PBS FOX so I would look at anything coming out of their mouths as pentagon speak, because that is who runs the country. 2. Their are 2 many stories now of the virus being out there much sooner, looking at how in mutates this makes perfect sense. I know several people who had horrid “flues”2 years ago one couple were hospitalized and everyone in contact with them got incredible sick. Their are stories from Italy Spain China and Canada about the same thing. Climate change is a much better reason why we would see a deadly virus and we will see more.

the other thing I would point out Every time we gin up for war what do we do? We demonize they country! We accuse them of throwing babies out of incubators, of forcing women to were burkas and being responsible for 9-11, WMD , russiagate, Xinjiang genicid, HK and of course Covid. Yesterday NPR had a segment on how Asians are being targeted now for violence, and of course it was all Trumps fault I just had to laugh the whole government ie Pentagon has been playing China bad bad bad and NPR as played their roll in it, shame on them.  Shame on Americans for not bothering to pay attention to how disgusting our government is.

Earthartist

Bearian
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 734

Reports about the connection between the U.S. National Institutes of Health and the Wuhan Institute of Virology risk feeding conspiracy theories about the origins of COVID-19
      https://thediplomat.com/2020/05/why-would-the-us-have-funded-the-controversial-wuhan-lab/

We closed Ft Detrick and moved it all abroad we fund labs all around to world.
      https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/09/15/cia-fort-detrick-stephen-kinzer-228109/

Average Gazoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 514

We are well over one year into data gathering on SARS-Cov2 and we know that the virus spreads approximately 19 times more easily indoors than out.

Gain of function research creates a GMO. Same for CRISPR — it is genetic editing.

Eric Weinstein is a virologist with a specialty in bats and he claims that COVID19 has characteristic which are consistent with gain of function research and with having lived in sunlight-less labs for several generations. The theory goes that gain of function technology was used to enhance the transmissability of the virus for lab study purposes — NOT for military reasons.  Theories aside we know that Covid19 is highly transmissable indoors, five times more transmissable than the common flu. One risk going forward is that the virus gets better at surviving contact with UV light.

Be the Change

salemcourt
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,644

The US created and introduced the virus in China.  Which of these far-fetched tales can you believe?  Your guess is as good as mine!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.