Iranian Parliament Votes For the Mass Execution of 15,000 Detained Protestors

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Iranian Parliament Votes For the Mass Execution of 15,000 Detained Protestors

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,583

The Iranian Parliament on Tuesday issued a letter signed by the vast majority of members calling for harsh punishments of protesters, which was followed by chants of “death to seditionists.”

Iran has been experiencing unprecedented levels of protests and civil unrest since the death of Mahsa Amini on September 16. The 22-year-old Kurdish woman was arrested by the country’s “morality police” for supposedly wearing an “improper” form of hijab during a visit to Tehran. She was allegedly beaten severely while in custody. The beatings are believed to have led to her death from a fatal head injury, but Iranian authorities have denied the accusation.

In the wake of Amini’s death, there have been large-scale nationwide protests the likes of which Iran has not seen in decades. Female protesters have notably taken to burning their hijabs and cutting their hair in public in defiance of the rules imposed by Iran’s Islamic government, under the leadership of Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Iranian lawmakers have called for strict punishments for the protesters who have been arrested. A letter supported by 227 of the 290 members of the Iranian Parliament urged that the protesters be given harsh punishment.

https://www.rsn.org/001/iranian-parliament-votes-for-the-mass-execution-of-15000-detained-protesters.html

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like Birdy Num-Nums"

If you come for Nina Turner, Your ish better be airtight like Tupperware" -Rashida Talib

mrdmk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,404

Check this out from MoA:

On Iran – Fakenews From Newsweek

How fake news is made.

The above was retweeted more than 3,300 times. It is fake news. But you only learn that when you go back to the sources.

The Newsweek report linked in the tweet, though full of lies, does not say that the Iranian parliament “voted overwhelmingly to execute 15,000 protesters”.

Before headline caputure:

Current headline capture:

New and Improved headline capture:

LINK–MOA, On Iran – Fakenews From Newsweek

There was never a vote, only a letter from 220 Officials of Parliament to the Justice Department. Furthermore, the letter never recommended execution. For further insult, the recommendation was for the persons who committed violence against other persons and damage to property. Make of this what you will.

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Warning DO NOT CLICK HERE!
      djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,718

I do not think there is any reason whatsoever in even paying attention to the $MSM any more.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

"Sometimes when I try to understand a person's motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. What's the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do? Then I ask myself, 'How well does that reason explain what they say and what they do?'" GRRM

A YouTube comment – we need new conspiracy theories – the old ones have all come true.

Average Gazoo
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 740

Iran supplied fairly effective drones to Russia. There is debate about whether they did so before or after the invasion of Ukraine (or a bit of both) but the US is ramping up pressure on Iran to halt their supply of drones to Russia.

We heard a similar argument for staying in Afghanistan forever. It alleged that war and occupation were great for women’s rights and that therefore pulling out of Afghanistan would be bad for the women of Afghanistan.

The US has its hands full trying to keep both allies and hostiles in line with its plans for Ukraine.

Be the Change

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.