Largest Statistically Significant Study by 6,200 Multi-Country Physicians on COVID-19 Uncovers Treatment Patterns and Puts Pandemic in Context

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Latest Breaking News | Largest Statistically Significant Study by 6,200 Multi-Country Physicians on COVID-19 Uncovers Treatment Patterns and Puts Pandemic in Context

• Author

Whattheheck
    • Total Posts: 275
    @whattheheck

Sermo Reports on Hydroxychloroquine Efficacy, Rise in Prophylaxis Use; Over 80% Expect 2nd Outbreak

New York, New York – April 2, 2020 – Widespread confusion, conflicting reports, inconsistent testing, and off-indication use of existing and experimental drugs has resulted in no single source of information from the frontlines. To create a centralized and dynamic knowledge base, Sermo, the largest healthcare data collection company and global social platform for physicians, leveraged its capabilities to publish results of a COVID-19 study with more than 6,200 physicians in 30 countries. The study was completed in three days. Data covers current treatment and prophylaxis options, timing to the outbreak peak, effectiveness of government responses, and much more. Results of the first wave can be found at sermo.com. Multiple study waves including a deeper dive into treatments will be conducted over the next several weeks, and Sermo is calling all physicians globally to participate.

Key findings; Sermo Real Time Barometer*:

<u>Treatments & Efficacy</u>

• The three most commonly prescribed treatments amongst COVID-19 treaters are 56% analgesics, 41% Azithromycin, and 33% Hydroxychloroquine
    • Hydroxychloroquine usage amongst COVID-19 treaters is 72% in Spain, 49% in Italy, 41% in Brazil, 39% in Mexico, 28% in France, 23% in the U.S., 17% in Germany, 16% in Canada, 13% in the UK and 7% in Japan
    • Hydroxychloroquine was overall chosen as the most effective therapy amongst COVID-19 treaters from a list of 15 options (37% of COVID-19 treaters)
      • 75% in Spain, 53% Italy, 44% in China, 43% in Brazil, 29% in France, 23% in the U.S. and 13% in the U.K.
    • The two most common treatment regimens for Hydroxychloroquine were:
      • (38%) 400mg twice daily on day one; 400 mg daily for five days
      • (26%) 400mg twice daily on day one; 200mg twice daily for four days

https://www.sermo.com/press-releases/largest-statistically-significant-study-by-6200-multi-country-physicians-on-covid-19-uncovers-treatment-patterns-and-puts-pandemic-in-context/

Ohio Barbarian
    • Total Posts: 12,923
    @ohiobarbarian

Certainly far less than that idiot who killed himself consumed after listening to Trump tout it.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

If Democrats don’t stand for the people, why should people stand for them?--Jim Hightower

D503
    • Total Posts: 224
    @d503

Wondering why no Korean Drs were involved? Seems like asking those with success might be better data?

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Asimov; "If you push something hard enough, it will fall over." - Fud's First Law of Opposition

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 12,923
      @ohiobarbarian

Hydroxychloroquine is a quinine derivative, I think. I’m somewhat familiar with it because I have malaria, which also means I have an innately active immune system, as immunologists say. I was definitely exposed to the virus in the first week of March, if not earlier when I had the dry cough symptom of it.

Since then, nothing.

This malaria drug may somehow inhibit the virus’ replicative abilities, or stimulate the patient’s immune response. I don’t know. I do know that pharmaceutical companies manufacture it, and since Trump touted it, that tells me he or his buddies have investments in such a company.

That’s what bothers me. If they can, they’ll jack the price up and let the poor die. @d503

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

If Democrats don’t stand for the people, why should people stand for them?--Jim Hightower

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.