Home Main Forums Bar & Grill Let's post our favorite picture from 2016

• Marym625 (24729 posts)
    Profile photo of Marym625 Admin

Let's post our favorite picture from 2016

It can be your own or not. If not, please make sure you’re not violating any copyright law.

This is mine. It’s from 8/18/16. It’s not good in a technical sense but it’s pretty cool looking

0818162117a

OrwellwasRight, Charles, Enthusiast and 5 others7wo7rees, NVBirdlady, so far from heaven, Land of Enchantment, Eggar like this
    "Once the decision was made to go into Iraq as an invader and occupier,  it’s like our nation lost its conscience. And it has not yet gotten that conscience back." Madfloridian  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
177 replies
  • 8 months ago #3
  • 8 months ago #5
  • 8 months ago #22
  • 8 months ago #90
  • 8 months ago #94
  • 8 months ago #103
  • 8 months ago #110
  • 8 months ago #138
  • 3 months ago #177
    • Mnpaul (1325 posts)
      Profile photo of Mnpaul Donor

1. The double rainbow pic I captured

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything - Hamilton
      • Snort McDork (2530 posts)
        Profile photo of Snort McDork Donor

2. Thank you Bernie

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

16. Oh wow!

That’s beautiful! Do you mind telling where?

That’s a gorgeous picture!

"Once the decision was made to go into Iraq as an invader and occupier,  it’s like our nation lost its conscience. And it has not yet gotten that conscience back." Madfloridian  
        • Mnpaul (1325 posts)
          Profile photo of Mnpaul Donor

43. West of the Twin Cities in Mn

about 2 miles from my home. I was returning from the cities, turned the corner and there it was.

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything - Hamilton
          • Marym625 (24729 posts)

51. It's gorgeous

Everything about it.

Thank you!

92. It was 1 year ago to the day we stood over freeway with lit Bernie signs

As a matter of fact, same guy who did the signs is same guy in photo “Never Hillary” sheet holding “Jill 2016” sign.

It was damn cold when we did this. But it is 1 year ago today.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

105. Very cool!

Yes, we were all working our asses off for change at the time. You and your friend are definetly more creative and artistic than I

• pinduck (1109 posts)
        Profile photo of pinduck Donor

155. The dark sky between the rainbows is a feature of double rainbows.

I think it’s called Alexander’s dark band (not being funny, I am sure I read this in a book of sky phenomena)

"Sometimes I feel like Fletcher Christian..."
    • BlueAK (1615 posts)
      Profile photo of BlueAK Donor

3. Aurora and clouds

This is Pt. Woronzof, about a mile from where I live.  The streaks are airplanes – our airport is kind of behind where I was standing here.  I think this was in August.

https://northernvisions.smugmug.com/

4. Balloon Fiesta

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

17. Omfd that's gorgeous!!

I think I saw some of these on Facebook? Not on it anymore so I can’t check.

Seeing the northern lights in Alaska is pretty high up on my bucket list.

No wonder people live there. That’s just beyond beautiful.

• BlueAK (1615 posts)

19. This was a good time of year, too

before it gets too cold.  Deeper into the winter, the clear nights are generally pretty chilly.   When the temperatures rise, the clouds roll in.

I might have posted pictures from this night here earlier.

• so far from heaven (11516 posts)
            Profile photo of So Far From Heaven Donor

25. Well, I for one wouldn't mind if you post them even more often.

Northern lights are at the very top of my bucket list. And I’m not alone on that.

Thanks for the pics.

boobie"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun.'" -Groucho Marx.
          • Marym625 (24729 posts)

38. Oh, maybe it was here!

Feel free to post them anytime, anywhere, on JPR. They’re stunning.

My favorite Bernie button was one @revolutionary made for the Alaska caucus. It has the northern lights as the background.

I saw the northern lights one time. It was in central Illinois when I was driving to Kentucky. For miles I thought I must be seeing the lights  a fire (they were all red) or something from a town on the clouds. But after a few miles, I realized it could not be. And I was able to see stars then too.

I thought it must be the northern lights but I was in central Illinois. Made no sense.

About a half hour later, whatever radio station I had on confirmed it was the northern lights.

But it was nothing like your picture

Thank you for sharing this.

• Eggar (2036 posts)
        Profile photo of Eggar Donor

72. Way Cool!

Thanks for that

• Enthusiast (9435 posts)
        Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

167. It's otherworldly.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat, 1848
    • N2Doc (4124 posts)
      Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

5. The iconic bird image

"But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"
      • Rosa Luxemburg (1168 posts)
        Profile photo of Rosa Luxemburg Donor

6. Yes that's lovely!

trumpG7 Trump salt  
      • daleanime (2310 posts)
        Profile photo of daleanime

7. My favorite as well.

When the going gets tough, the tough take care of each other
      • MissDeeds (918 posts)
        Profile photo of MissDeeds Donor

11. That still makes me tear up

Thanks for sharing it, N2Doc.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

21. Good one!

I almost posted that one! But the one I posted, I took. I’ll have to check to see what was visible that night because I don’t remember. But I think it’s the moon and Mars

Excellent choice! Thank you

• shanti (368 posts)
        Profile photo of shanti Donor

148. my favorite as well!

That was such a special moment, it brought me to tears at the time.

Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's needs, but not every man's greed. Mahatma Ghandi
      • glinda (2038 posts)
        Profile photo of glinda Donor

149. This would be my favorite also.

Animals know more than we do. - Native American proverb
    • Deadpool (9858 posts)
      Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

8. My favorite of 2016…

@sofarfromheaven in his Pope outfit. :lol:

13. O-K, now it's my turn.

It’s now January 1, 2017 and I wanna see the twerking ‘Pool, right here, right now.

Get with it.

boobie"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun.'" -Groucho Marx.
        • Deadpool (9858 posts)

14. It’s up

15. Sorry,

@marym625 , but I just couldn’t wait a moment longer to see this.

You can ban it anytime.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

29. HA!

I love twerking @deadpool The problem is it gives people headaches. Especially people who have migraines.

I told him before it’s okay for a short while. So, no banning today. But watch yourself! :lol:

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

35. I’ll leave him up for a couple days…

Then he’ll be moved to my profile page. (His new permanent home) 

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

49. Thank you

I’m glad he has a home. :)

36. Between the kiddy 'Pool and the twerking this is outrageous.

You should be ashamed of yourself. animated-character-and-costume-smiley-image-0009

By the way:

Feliz nuevo año.

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

42. Happy New Year

or my ancestors would say…

Gott nytt år

• Jan Boehmermann (3958 posts)
          Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

157. Oh, Sweet Jeebus on a motor skooter!………

That’s NOT you …..is it, SFH? 

If it is…….. like your whiskey barrel planter! 

158. Yeah, that's me alright,

but that isn’t my planter. We were at a party at a friends house when LoE shot the picture.

Too bad you can’t see my ring, just gorgeous. Made everybody kiss it.

159. OK… didn't imagine you that creepy looking!

Oops!  Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh!

MUST SPEAK TRUTH!

160. Considering you don't exactly show your face,

I’m wondering who’s the creepier, you or me. At least I let my inner creep out to play!!

You should see me when I play bad man. I’m six four and wear a long black leather range coat, blues and coal black felt hat older than dirt with silver that’s been drooped by rain and snow over my forehead. Darkened lenses and old leather face with canyons from the sun.

Scares the shit out of my students when I walk down the hall.

161. When I figure out how to post, I'll post one of my Hannibal Lecter looks…

I keep getting a “not authorized to post media” when I try to post a pic from my computer.

So I found a photo of me on public media.  Keep in mind, I look better when I smile.

162. Wow. Now that's pretty bad.

Do you use a hosting site to upload pics? The add media button doesn’t work for me or Dork either, so I just use imgur to host the pic and then copy the direct link into the insert image button in the toolbar instead.

You can use the same to post directly into PM’s as well. Just copy the direct link into the text where you want the pic to go.

163. So it just wasn't my lack of computer/internet savvy.

Thanks.  I used photo bucket way back but will go to imgur if that’s what the kids are using nowadays. 

164. There's actually a bunch of them. Ask 'Pool about some.

165. OK Thanks!

166. de nada

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

23. Heehee

The Pope is @sofarfromheaven Too funny!

Good choice. But was it 2016?

28. Ooooooo, very very good question.

How about it @deadpool , is it or is it not taken in 2016?

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

34. IDK…

But since the image was given to me in 2016, I’m leaving it up. 

40. I didn't want you to take it down.

That’s not my  style.

Just wanted to know if you remembered the message when you first saw it.

Just being my normal pain in the ass.

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

46. I still have the PM…

It was the first PM I starred. 

“Never a dull moment” with you.

64. You've gotta be kidding me.

I’m utterly honored.

Seriously.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

47. Good trivia question

And I know the answer! :)

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

32. It was given to me in 2016…

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

48. Doesn't answer the question.

We’re waiting.

:lol:

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

57. 50/50 shot at getting it right…

My guess is yes. 

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

60. I'm sorry.

That answer is incorrect. But thanks for playing!

@sofarfromheaven

66. Go get him!!!!

Let the beating commence!!! animated-character-and-costume-smiley-image-0009

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

75. LOL!

He did break the rules of the post. What do you think we should do?

77. I have found that there is nothing you can do TO Deadpool.

But there is a whole ton of shit you can do WITH @deadpool.

Let’s invite him to play trivia today. And you as well. It’s up and running.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

85. Just seeing this

I’ll go check it out

• Land of Enchantment (7430 posts)
                Profile photo of Land of Enchantment Moderator

70. Perhaps this will help….

"Hope is the feathered thing that perches in your heart." ~ Emily Dickinson  
                • Marym625 (24729 posts)

76. I know that guy!

Crazy but I’ve heard he’s pretty smart. :lol:

79. LOL! He greets you daily with a 'Good Morning, Mary' and a

‘Sweet Dreams, Mary’ as you are still in the LR in a chair! :lol:

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

86. That's so cool!

I,love it! And I love you both!

• NVBirdlady (3774 posts)
        Profile photo of NVBirdlady

71. LOL!

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
    • Peace13 (961 posts)
      Profile photo of Peace13 Donor

9. Oops. Please delete. Back to the drawing board! : )

Life's too short to vote for immoral warmongers.

10. Another Iconic Moment of 2016

Remembrance of an A-Hole.

• Eggar (2036 posts)

18. that's so cool

• Art from Ark (2664 posts)
          Profile photo of Art from Ark

154. LOL

That reminds me of the story of why Americans say “soccer” and British people say “football”

Back in the 1850s or so, there were two types of football leagues in Great Britain– Rugby Football, and Association Football. Association Football (soccer) was often shortened to “Assoc. Football”, and its players were sometimes called “Assoc-ers”. Apparently that nickname started to cause a bit of consternation in prudish Victorian England, so it was decided to change the names of the respective sports to “rugby” and “football”. Meanwhile, the American game derived from the rugby-style football had started to become popular in the US, and it was called simply “football”. And the “Assoc-er” name was adopted in a slightly modified form (no doubt to accommodate delicate sensibilities) in America to refer to that other game.

The last time America was run like a business, we ended up with a Great Depression.
      • Marym625 (24729 posts)

24. I'll have to leave this. Sorry

If I delete it, since there’s a reply, it’ll screw up the whole thread.

What you have is fine. :)

• Peace13 (961 posts)

56. No trouble.

When I posted my picture it was distorted even though it looked fine on my end before posting.  I’ll try again. This is a nice OP. Thanks for posting it!  : )

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

62. Thank you

And thank you.

Let me know if you need help doing it. I’ll then ask @deadpool to help. :)

I know how but can’t explain how to fix anything

• Peace13 (961 posts)

114. Lol, I was so happy to see his post about how things work.

That is what got me going!  : )

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

117. He's just awesome!

Our very own twerking @deadpool

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

118. …

I’m thinking you enjoy him more than @dorkzilla :lol:

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

121. You mean i enjoy twerking Deadpool more than

@dorkzilla does? Or I enjoy twerking Deadpool more than I enjoy Dorkzilla?

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

123. The former

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

124. How can anyone not love that

Twerking ass! ;)

• NV Wino (4338 posts)
      Profile photo of NV Wino Donor

12. Taken on January 1, 2016

Later that year, the boat/wreck was damaged by fire.

Resist-sm_zpswfchkz8t “As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee  
      • Marym625 (24729 posts)

27. Oh wow!

That’s a great picture! I love it!

Did you take this?

Too bad it’s gone.

Thank you NVWino. :hi:

• NV Wino (4338 posts)
          Profile photo of NV Wino Donor

65. I did take this one.

It’s still there, but just further damaged by fire. Some idiot (photographer) set off fireworks behind it in attempting to do a night shot. Wind blew sparks onto the dry, rotten wood.

Here’s one I took several years before. You can see how it has deteriorated in the color one.

Resist-sm_zpswfchkz8t “As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee  
          • Marym625 (24729 posts)

68. Wow! beautiful.

I love black and white pictures. Great shot.

What an idiot! Why would anyone be that dumb? Especially up there.

Thank you for sharing this. I love it!

• BlueAK (1615 posts)

31. I have some old photos of that boat.

I’m sorry to hear about the fire.

We have a similar beached boat here called the Nomad.  I’ll see if I can dig out a picture.

20. The Bernie Birdie Hat I made and wore to vote in our June Primary

and my Bernie Bear from the FSTV fund drive.

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

37. …

SFFH should wear that hat at the next local JPR meet-up. 

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

41. Awesome!

Why isn’t this a picture of you wearing the hat and holding the bear? :)

That’s some talent! Very cool!  Thank you for sharing this.

• tiamat (675 posts)
      Profile photo of tiamat Donor

22. King Percifur

One of my favorites taken in Northern New Mexico.  My sister is the photographer.

• Haikugal (5655 posts)
        Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

26. Try again…use the picture icon..don't give up I'll wait.

:hi:

on edit..

He is magnificent!

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!

30. Hi Haikugal!!

Feliz nuevo año.

May the year bring you joy.

• Haikugal (5655 posts)
            Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

33. Thank you and I hope 2017 brings much pleasure and good health to you!

I had no idea you were the Pope!! Truly a man of many talents! LOL

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!

44. It's a part time gig.

But a whole lot of fun.

• tiamat (675 posts)

39. He thinks so!

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

45. Beautiful!

Not just the picture but the cat. That’s awesome

Are you anywhere near Albuquerque? They have monthly JPR meet ups there. Would be great if you could join them

Love the picture. Thank you for sharing!

• tiamat (675 posts)

50. I'm in SoCal, sis is in NM and she is a bit of a loner.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

52. Well, maybe next time you're out there

You can join them for a meet up!

Maybe you and other SoCal people can start having meet ups too!

67. Hi Tiamat! I will send you pm's about our meet-ups in hopes

you can join us at some point. Here is our Oly One Kenobe–a rescue from the student ghetto in ABQ.

59. OMG. We have his twin! What a gorgeous fur baby!

• tiamat (675 posts)

61. You both live in the Land of Enchanted Animals.

• 7wo7rees (336 posts)
      Profile photo of 7wo7rees Donor

53. Bernie with bird a fav, there have been so many. This is

one of many. Wes Clark Jr and Vets at forgiveness ceremony

https://goo.gl/images/y2eE7B

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

55. Yes, that's just iconic

Thank you. I’ve seen a few from that ceremony. That one is beautiful.

I’m adding so people can see it ria94475019d229ba83c84c543eac4e3b5ght off.

• 7wo7rees (336 posts)
          Profile photo of 7wo7rees Donor

73. Tks for assist. Some things I'm not good at. NT

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

83. No problem at all!

Donors have an easy way to add pictures. If we didn’t, I would never be able to do it. I’m computer illiterate.

Just save the picture you want to post to your computer, phone or tablet. Then click the “Add Media” button at the top left of the post. Then click “upload file” (or whatever it says. Maybe upload media) Then you choose the picture, click go or whatever, it uploads it. The click “insert” and voila! It’s in the post!

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

54. Here's another one of my favorites

From @zazen

v2r2ib

I’m sticking this post. Hoping more will join in

69. LOVE IT!!!!

And we will order some for friends!

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

78. Hopefully, it won't be long

@dorkzilla is going to help us set up a cafe press.

I wonder what her favorite picture would be. I bet I can guess :roflmao:

80. Oh yeeah, and definitely NSFW!!!!!!!! But she will love

@deadpool twerking!

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

87. The NSFW might depend on where you work!

I kind of think people working at her restaurant would be okay opening pretty much anything there. :)

• Eggar (2036 posts)

58. 1000 mi. seperates where I started

to where I am at now

One Playground to the next – I can’t complain.

So many pictures so hard to pick a favorite

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

63. They're both gorgeous

But where you are now is the more beautiful place imo.

No wonder you have a hard time choosing.

Gorgeous pictures of two beautiful places. Thank you for sharing

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
        Profile photo of FanBoy

150. where are those? general area is ok — i have a guess but want to confirm

• Eggar (2036 posts)

152. Well… Let's see

The first (more arid Lookin’) is about 5mi outside of the town of Anza on the Palms to Pines Hwy. – S. Calif. on the PCT. (a few mi. out from where it crosses the Hwy) and the 2nd set are from various regions East of Portland OR. near the gorge.

I like Hiking out toward the East side of the state also when I go visit mi muhmah.

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
            Profile photo of FanBoy

153. confirmed, thanks

74. Here is one of my favorites, for obvious reasons.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

84. Awesome picture!

Two intelligent, beautiful women, @abakan and @landofenchantment, along with good old Flat Mary! I bet she could tell one hell of a story about you and @landofenchantment But I understand she doesn’t talk much. :lol:

Really is such a cool picture. Thank you!

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

133. I’m still chuckling…

After finding out @sofarfromheaven tells flat Mary Good Morning and Good Night every day. :lol:

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

134. I love that!!!

Just love it! :)

135. You're just jealous.

Of my flat Mary.animated-happy-smiley-image-0011

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

136. …

Damn right I’m jealous! :lol:

98. Love that photo!

President Trump. Thanks DNC, HRC, DWS. #StillSanders. #NoDAPL  #NoKXL Giant Meteor 2020
    • Dragonfli (1227 posts)
      Profile photo of Dragonfli Donor

81. I building I pass when I have to go to a post office

It was included in a the latest local newsletter put out by a friend of mine I used to work with when I was still able to be involved in local activism

It took an entire title page and was captioned:

Shuttered train terminal in Buffalo, Population is 261,310 and 30.7% live below the poverty level.

I scanned it in and is a reminder not only of where I live and the decay of my once great city, it is also currently the desktop background of my laptop. The newsletter itself  was reacting to the latest census statistic that reveals half of Buffalo’s children live in poverty and was basically a call to arms for still active members to consider ways to deal with this reality, so far (although I am not in the loop as I used to be) no concrete actions have been planned to my knowledge. It has been covered in sources I can link to, but off-hand the only one I can find by perusing my browser history is this one. (I don’t much care for this site in general, as business interests in Buffalo are far from altruistic and often scandalous, it does however provide some good information in this article.)

This picture is my favorite of the year because it grounds me to my true mission which is to the people of this country that are being crushed  to service the extremely wealthy, it also reminds me of my neighborhood, I live only a few blocks from this site and in my scandalous youth, teanagers among them myself  used to unlawfully enter this building to drink and play what is now called “vintage rock”, but was new at the time, I haven’t been in it for an extremely long time, but once it was an incredibly beautiful building and still was in many ways if one ignored the graffiti and damaged bits.

“We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust. We must dissent from a nation that has buried its head in the sand, waiting in vain for the needs of its poor, its elderly, and its sick to disappear and just blow away. We must dissent from a government that has left its young without jobs, education or hope. We must dissent from the poverty of vision and the absence of moral leadership. We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” Thurgood Marshall

88. That is one powerful image and your words explaining the situation

are extremely sobering. Thank you.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

89. Beautiful. Haunting

There’s all kinds of emotion wrapped in this picture. It’s hauntingly beautiful, sad as hell and tells a story that could rip your heart out.

It’s great you know the background. I imagine that for the young ones, it’s just part of the scenery. But for your generation, and the generations surrounding you, it must just be sad.

Thank you for sharing this!

100. Wow, that image is powerful and a testament to what America is becoming.

Thank you.

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
        Profile photo of FanBoy

151. "the people are being crushed to service the extremely wealthy"

it is a beautiful building.

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

82. Since my first image is questionable…

I know for a fact this was taken in 2016…

Image was edited so you can see what @sofarfromheaven is holding. (One of his X-Mas gifts)

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

91. Too funny!!

At least he’s flipping you off with a smile! 

95. LOL!

• dorkzilla (2469 posts)
      Profile photo of dorkzilla Donor

90. I can't post photos

Every time I try and upload it says I don’t have “permission”

How about if I bring a note from my mom? ?

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

92. Are you trying to upload to JPR or an image hosting site?

n/t

• dorkzilla (2469 posts)

96. No, but I thought we could upload images

From our computers if we were donors? That’s one of the two things I miss from our .org site..photo uploading and liking individual posts.

Your buttocks is hypnotizing me…

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

99. You should be able to…

Calling in the admins:

@marym625 @hootinholler @mannygoldstein @areawoman

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

102. I just responded to her post

I had no idea she was having problems.

Thank you!

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

101. What???

Are you using the “Add Media” button? Didn’t you post the picture of the great cup?

• dorkzilla (2469 posts)

104. Yes and it won't let me load them up

No sadly I didn’t upload that picture. I’ve been whining about this since I got home from Ireland (I wanted to post some pix from the trip) because I haven’t found a solution. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

?

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

111. What the hell!

That’s not okay.

So you do have the button? You click it and what happens?

• dorkzilla (2469 posts)

113. I do have the button

I hit it, chose the file/image and then I get a message that Mary hates you, so you can’t load shit. ?

Actually it says you don’t have permission…

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

116. Only very special people get that message!

Stupid questions but are you clicking on the tab to upload an image? Have you cleared your cookies and cache?

• dorkzilla (2469 posts)

119. I am clicking the tab

It even lets me grab the image it just stops me posting it. And it happens on all my devices (MacBook, chromebook,kindle).

I have bad uploading karma I guess.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

122. Did you answer about your cache and cookies?

I’m at a loss

@mannygoldstein can you come here, please?

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

125. Another member just PMed me with the same issue

Testing

deadpool smiley

Edit: Post directly from Gallery. Going to try an upload now…

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

126. Test

think

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

127. No twerking on the toilet?

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

130. Nope, Sorry

I do my best thinking there. 

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

131. It is the think tank after all! :)

128. 'Pool that twerking used to bother me when I first saw it.

Now it doesn’t bother me at all. How our perspectives change after a few months. 

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

132. Now you know me better…

Compared to a few months ago. 

137. I am sure you are right

That would make sense. I also understand the character since I’ve seen the movie too. 

94. Chocolate Lab Puppy

She is now a year old and well over 100 pounds

Lab

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

106. Oh how adorable!

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I bet she’s a beautiful toddler too!

129. She has a beautiful coat but oh still a puppy.

• Abakan (2714 posts)
      Profile photo of Abakan Moderator Emeritus

97. Damn I can't find mine…

If anybody has a copy of Jackpine Radicals, I’m with the fringe candidate image, please post it for me.

Thanks

injustice_is_law_sticker

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

107. This one?

fringe-candidate-2_zpsimyg3eja

• Abakan (2714 posts)

108. Yes that one…

Thanks

injustice_is_law_sticker

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

112. Great choice

It’s almost 2 years old now. Iconic. Wish Jim could see how popular that has become

Thank you for the reminder.

Here’s another

bernie-olantern-150x150

That’s someone’s pumpkin but I forget who. :(

• mak3cats (396 posts)
              Profile photo of mak3cats Donor

139. My Bernie o'lantern!

I’m touched (and probably in more ways than one).  Happy New Year, Mary!

Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence.
              • Marym625 (24729 posts)

141. I thought it was yours!

But I wasn’t positive.

Sorry I couldn’t think of who.

It’s fantastic art work. I’ll be putting up every Halloween

:) :hi:

103. Another favorite

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

109. Awe! Beautiful bird!

I love the second one the most. Too cute.

Thanks for sharing these

• Abakan (2714 posts)

110. Ok one more

Jack washes his hair…

injustice_is_law_sticker

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

115. LMAO!

:roflmao: That’s too cute! I love it!

120. Love that photo!

• mak3cats (396 posts)
      Profile photo of mak3cats Donor

138. Here's mine…

I’m the short grey-haired woman with the big grin leaning on the barricade just to the right of the handsome black photographer.  This was at the University of Buffalo this year.

Edited to add:

The way the image displays here cuts me out of the photo.  (It shows fully in the uploaded version on my profile.)

Go placidly amid the noise and haste and remember what peace there may be in silence.
      • Marym625 (24729 posts)

140. Awesome picture!

You were pretty damn close to the man himself! So cool.

That’s so weird that it doesn’t format the same on the profile media and here.

Maybe there’s a way to edit it? Oh @deadpool do you know?Thank you for sharing this!

• Deadpool (9858 posts)

142. There seems to be issues with JPR Media…

Until Tech support can resolve it, I would suggest using image hosting sites to post. 

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

144. Oh. Okay. Thank you

We’ll check it out

• elias39 (3678 posts)
      Profile photo of elias39 Donor

143. I was just getting to know my new best friend Duncan

OnTheRiver

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
      • Marym625 (24729 posts)

145. Beautiful picture.

Both the scenery and the dog.

Sounds like there’s a story behind this. Did you want to share? Don’t mean to push you.

Don’t know where that is but it’s beautiful. Great photography too. Thank you for sharing this!

• elias39 (3678 posts)
          Profile photo of elias39 Donor

146. For a long time there were three of us.

Lacey my Chocolate lab, the matriarch,  Cole, my first black lab and me. We haunted the four acre wood behind my home every day in any kind of weather. We built a cabin together and spent hours just wandering, playing or sitting in the sun.

Cole died unexpectedly in early fall at nine years old. I was devastated. I just couldn’t walk those walks. So Lacey and I found this greenway along the banks of the CT River and spent many months grieving and rebuilding. I came home with Duncan in summer and we 3 had good times together. When Lacey died a year after Cole, this is where Duncan and I spent afternoons until, once again, we’re back in the woods, watching the sun go down behind the hills in Vermont.

That’s Mt Ascutney in the background. A popular local ski-place.  It’s a pretty hike in spring.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
          • Marym625 (24729 posts)

147. Awe. I'm so sorry

That’s a couple of hard losses. I’m so sorry.

Thank you for sharing this. It’s a great story, even with the sadness.

Beautiful up there. I’ve never been to northeast or northwest of the U.S. I really want to see both. I think I want to see Vermont next

• pinduck (1109 posts)
            Profile photo of pinduck Donor

156. I am very sorry for you loss. It's hard to explain to a person who has

never had a dog for a best friend. My best wishes to you.

I lost my friend, Camille, a bullmastiff, a month ago and I understand your not wanting to walk and visit the same places. I don’t either.

(Samuel Beckett is about my favorite author. )

"Sometimes I feel like Fletcher Christian..."
      • Rhett Cohen (276 posts)
        Profile photo of Rhett Cohen Banned

169. Awww! He's adorable, and lucky to be nature and to you.

I already am eating from the trash can all the time. The name of this trash can is ideology. The material force of ideology makes me not see what I am effectively eating. -  Slavoj Žižek

168. In a league full of women beaters, rapists and murderers,

Comrade Kaepernick is somehow considered the most vile and evil player in league history ever:

✊ Food Not Bombs.

I already am eating from the trash can all the time. The name of this trash can is ideology. The material force of ideology makes me not see what I am effectively eating. -  Slavoj Žižek
      • Marym625 (24729 posts)

170. He sure took a great deal of shit

Shows he’s strong in more than the physical sense

171. He's made the big time since Big Mama Grizzly Palin decided he's evil for giving

money to Meals on Wheels.

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

172. I missed that!

What the fuck!?

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

174. Jesus fucking Christ

Looks like she removed her tweet about it.

I looked through her tweets and this chick is just a total nitwit. She also doesn’t write her own blog.

I can only see her tweets when not logged in. She blocked me a long time ago. :)

175. Damn dose safe space luvin' libruls. Need ta grow sum t'icker skin, dontchaknow?

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

176. Ha!

• Marym625 (24729 posts)

177. I love this thread