More hysteria from The Sun: Russia set to invade Ukraine on TEN FRONTS by end of January with 100,000 troops, intelligence warns

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Latest Breaking News | More hysteria from The Sun: Russia set to invade Ukraine on TEN FRONTS by end of January with 100,000 troops, intelligence warns

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      jbnw
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,531

US edition at https://www.the-sun.com/news/4120876/russia-invade-ukraine-fronts-end-january/ .

[Ukrainian] Brigadier General Budanov explained the invasion would involve airstrikes and artillery bombardments following by an attack from the air involving up to 3,500 paratroopers and special forces, reports The Military Times.

It would then be followed by a mass assault across the border, amphibious landings in Odessa and Mariupol, and a smaller attack from neighbouring Belarus.

Ukrainian intelligence also produced a map-based assessment about how Russia may seek to invade detailing attacks across at least ten fronts.

Russia however has always denied any aggressive intentions towards Ukraine – branding the latest reports as “hysteria”.

Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,594
        jbnw
        Participant

And it’s in a really hazardous place too – it borders Afghanistan . . .

GZeusH
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,502

everything will be all right.

Up here on Mt. Olympus, we can see into the planning department in Kiev.

Corporate America consists of totalitarian entities laser-focused on short-term greed.

My pronouns: vuestra merced, monsieur, господин, pana Bogu, πανίσχυρος Δίας

David the Gnome
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,317

I don’t think the Russians are that stupid.

jbnw
        Participant

but they provided a lot of Russian passports in Donbass, and much of eastern Ukraine may be just as happy returning to Russia.

Kyiv did the equivalent of saying to Canadians that French is no longer a recognized language or accepted cultural heritage.

David the Gnome
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,317

@jbnw

If Russia wanted to, they could probably invade right now.  There is no crystal ball.  It makes me think of Robinhood, Men in tights.  “Blinken, what are ya doin as a lookout man?  Yer blind”

“Guessing?  I guess there’s no one coming?”

Predictions of Russian invasion, when and where are just silly.  Now, it might happen at some point, I doubt it, but it might – if it does,bi doubt it will be when Ukrainian military officials “guess” it will happen.

That stuff, IMO, is nonsense, propaganda.  Or… it could be more of a heads up “Dear NATO, we would like the war to start on this date, please make sure you piss Russia off enough to invade us!  Thanks!”

Pfft.  I’ll believe it when it starts.  For all his flaws, real and imagined, Putin has never been a fool.  It would take a very big fool to start world war three.  Frankly, I’d be more worried about Biden ordering the invasion of Canada.

jbnw
        Participant

I agree Putin and Lavrov are smart and much, much better at foreign policy than Biden and Blinken.

Russia would not act without a potential justification in international eyes. Crimea was easy – they voted to rejoin Russia.

But the use Turkish drones and US Javelin missiles in Donbass, completely against the Minsk accords and with the support of the US, might just provide that justification, or convince Russia that unless it’s stopped there will be US bases on their border. And Putin and Lavrov are using stronger language than I have heard before.

Ukraine’s beligerent words are just silly and dangerous. But unless the US tells Ukraine to de-escalate, I suspect that a Ukrainian action will trip that red line.

Men in Tights reminds me of that Patriot arrow – I hope we don’t send those over!

One holiday season I kept Men in Tights on in a room – I could tell when someone walked in when I heard laughter!

@davidthegnome

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.