My Five stages of Progressive Grief, as Bernie endorses Biden in April, 2020:

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | My Five stages of Progressive Grief, as Bernie endorses Biden in April, 2020:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Utopian Leftist
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 706

Don’t know if this works for everyone. I don’t think we go through these in order–I just know I go through them every damn day now! Do you think I left out anything vital?

1. Denial. Wait. Biden could wander off in a crowd and get lost somewhere forever . . . Bernie could still win New York by 75%!
      2. Anger. #Demexit Voter fraud in almost every state on Super Tuesday. Exit polls SO FAR from the results that they should have triggered a UN election warning! I will not be fooled again.
      3. Bargaining. Nina Turner is the one and always was . . . if Biden would just choose her as his running mate, I could almost kind of sort of pretend to get excited about holding my nose AGAIN to vote for a slimball, neoliberal Centrist, Corporatist, establishmentarian and pretend that this “lesser” of two evils is not a Republican in disguise.
      4. Depression. Hope is a four letter word, now forever dead to me. Why hope when our oligarchic plutocratic overlords clearly are trying to bring about Armageddon? You want apocalypse . . . get ready because you have earned it!
      5. Acceptance. I can vote the Green Party and delay gratification again for four more years . . . but AOC better win the 2024 Nomination for President or else the DNC is going to go the way of the Whig Party: Good-bye-bye.

"All fascism is a result of a failure of the left to provide a viable alternative." ~ Trotsky
      “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 21,888

What helped me the most was seeing one of Bernie’s own staff refuse to endorse Joe Biden and deafening silence from the others. If his endorsement of Biden can’t even win over his own staff, who presumably have more personal loyalty to him than his supporters do, well, that’s not exactly showing effectiveness as Biden’s sheepdog, is it?

As for AOC running, she’d better run on a third party ticket if she wants my vote. I’m done with the Vichy Democrat Party, and don’t believe it is worth the effort to reform it from the inside anymore.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

MizzGrizz
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,554

There is no way in this world it would ever have been any different and I knew that from in front.Still and all,I am angry at the election thieves and the people my age who uphold them.I choose not to.

xyzse
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,790

I’ve had acceptance since 2016.

When Hillary was pushed in to the Primaries, I figured Trump was going to win.  As I saw the campaign, I figured that Trump will get 8 years since the DNC learns nothing.  I think if you can find some of my posts from back then, I kept saying Trump will most likely get 8 years, and one of my OPs was something about, I already give up till 2020.

I still work to help, but I expected it back then.  I thought that there was a chance for me to vote for the Democrat again in 2020 if there are no vote irregularities and the process was fair.

-shrug- Obviously, that was the only thing for me.  Was the process fair?  Nope.  With that in mind, I’ve been in the Acceptance Stage from waaaaay back.

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 6,558

I do believe that is what is hoped for by DNC shills.

I love your steps!  Well, not the VP step. That would be a deliberate waste of Nina Turner.  She would literally be a meaningless token.  Anyway, doubties they would let anyone progressive be thatclose to the oval office.  Heh, if Biden had his wits about him, he would realize that having a progressive VP might guarantee his safety.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

Everything I post is just my opinion, and, honestly, I would love to be wrong.

Utopian Leftist
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 706

@djean111 My bargaining skills need some work: I’m not even certain with whom we’re supposedly bargaining, since clearly the powers that be are not interested in or concerning themselves with people like us.

"All fascism is a result of a failure of the left to provide a viable alternative." ~ Trotsky
        “It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.” ~ Krishnamurti

Two way street
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,194

I have concentrated on a Progressive down ticket to include the Green Party.  More and more Americans are suffering just like Bernie has said and the time is coming for the Duopoly to fall.  Many Americans are going to be homeless and hungry in reality and in the hearts of those who will scrap by over the stimulus and its meaning.  We are being left to die in the ditch with no shelter, water, food and medicine to kill the COVID-19 virus.  We have been trashed by the few wealthy.  On the other hand, We have got nothing to lose if you know what I mean?

2020-2024 Campaign Season: We the People are in the fight for our lives and livelihoods.

Pam2
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 9,073

I expected the DNC would try to cheat again but I really thought Bernie would have a plan to fight it this time. (An army of lawyers and poll monitors etc.) Otherwise, why bother running again? 😕

Betty Karlson
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 467
      1. Denial “I have no empathy for those people”
      2. Anger: “you racist sexist basement-dwelling deplorable Hell-bound slut lusting for Bernie-bros, you over-privileged white (even when you are not) male (even when you are not) straight (we don’t care about the gays) nasty Internet-poll-clicking and emoji-tweeting, Trump-humping, pony-wanting, unicorn-loving brownshirt! Why won’t you vote for a sexually assaulting candidate who does nothing for you? Do you want the other sexually assaulting candidate who does nothing for you to win?”
      3. Bargaining: “How about a rat? How about a formerly Republican billionaire? How about a woman who has suppressed the freedom of expression for sexual minorities? She is a woman of colour you know? Double identity politics whoohoo! What do you mean: she has prosecuted parents of poor children for truancy? OK, OK, you know what: how about a snake who has viciously attacked a decent candidate with trumped-up claims of sexism? You could disavow your own sexism! Eh? Eh?”
      4. Depression: “Whaaahaaaaahaaaah! Why don’t you people vote for the status quo ante? Aren’t you supposed to be a cult that does as your leader tells you to?”
      5. Acceptance: “We fucked up”
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.