New California and National Polls Show Sanders Crushing 2020 Rivals Among Voters Under 45

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | 2020 Elections | President | New California and National Polls Show Sanders Crushing 2020 Rivals Among Voters Under 45

• Author

Mr. Mickeys Mom
    • Total Posts: 1,824
    @mrmickeysmom

By Julia Conley, staff Writer
    Read more at Source: Common Dreams

New polling out of California reveals that Sen. Bernie Sanders’ presidential bid is garnering the most support from young voters in the state and elicits the most enthusiasm from Californians as a whole.

Among respondents under the age of 45 who answered the CNN poll, 32% said they were most likely to support the Vermont Democrat. Just 13% said they currently back former Vice President Joe Biden, while 18% expressed support for Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), giving Sanders a 13-point lead with potential voters in that age bracket.

Biden has the most support in the state among people over age 65, 37% of whom said they support him versus only 8% who backed Sanders, according to the poll, in which 1,203 people were surveyed.

So… How fucking clueless are those over 65? I’m 66 at this point (very healthy, mind you, but part of it is that I pay attention and don’t watch network television for news) and I’ve never understood it, except that these polls for Biden were taken on land lines… I have one, too, but I am never polled, probably because I have nomorobo connected to robot stuff.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

NV Wino
    • Total Posts: 3,433
    @nvwino

I don’t know where they’re getting those numbers. Every person I know, young or old, is for either Sanders or Warren.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
    “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

ThouArtThat
    • Total Posts: 1,700
    @thouartthat

@mrmickeysmom

Hi mmm,

62 here.  I have followed Bernie since the 2000s when he was a guest on Thom Hartmann every Friday at noon.  All the senior citizens I know are either for Trump or Bernie.  I suspect that we are being purposefully misled.

TAT

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
    - John F. Kennedy

"In a Time of Universal Deceit - Telling the Truth Is a Revolutionary Act."
    - George Orwell

"They must find it difficult ... Those who have taken authority as the truth,
    Rather than truth as the authority."
    - Gerald Massey

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
    - Jiddu Krishnamurti

djean111
      • Total Posts: 2,838
      @djean111

@thouartthat

Considering the current spate of Boomer Blaming – yeah, I agree with you.  What better way to foist Biden on us than to blame the Boomers?  And looks like the bait is being eagerly gobbled up.

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

Mr. Mickeys Mom
        @mrmickeysmom

Yeah, well THIS ole broad ain’t gobbling it up!

Here’s a laughable Biden promise…

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      @mrmickeysmom

Brunch with Bernie, TAT!

You know, there are some things I liked about Tom Hartmann and that was one of em….

ZimInSeattle
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 1,237
    @ziminseattle

You gotta like this:

+ More evidence from the new Quinnipiac poll that the future looks very Left-leaning. Democratic primary voters under 35 years old : (Sanders + Warren + Yang + Gabbard = 78%)

Sanders 52%
    Warren 17%
    Biden 11%
    Yang 7%
    Gabbard 3%
    Buttigieg 2%
    Bloomberg 2%
    Everyone else 1% or less

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/12/13/roaming-charges-thats-neoliberalism-for-you/

Vichy Dem (VD) + Group of Parasites (GOP) = Plutocratic Uniparty (PU) PU slogan for the 99%: "Consume and Be Happy!" "The more I see of the moneyed people, the more I understand the guillotine" - George Bernard Shaw

Ohio Barbarian
    • Total Posts: 9,001
    @ohiobarbarian

The outcome of the primary is very simple. If younger voters show up in numbers significantly greater than what the polls are projecting them to, then Bernie will win. If they don’t, he won’t. It’s that simple.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

With Bernie Sanders, we have the receipts. --Nina Turner

salemcourt
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 788
    @salemcourt

I think many of these polls are deliberately skewed so that when they commit election fraud, many of the voters will accept it.

djean111
      • Total Posts: 2,838
      @djean111

Precisely.

I will not vote for a Vichy Dem. Period. As always, I decide who is a Vichy Dem.

Bernie's ISSUES or Bust!

Snort McDork
    Donor
    • Total Posts: 2,670
    @snortmcdork

@mrmickeysmom I think the reason Jalopy Joe gets the support from those 65+ has to do with simple name recognition, and perhaps (as mentioned on The Hill with Krystal Ball) voters that may be low information voters that only rely on TV ad’s or newspapers. My hope is that those are voters in the MINORITY! I think there are a lot more of us who pay attention and do our homework then those who just sit back in their easy chair drinking beer at the end of the day. Another reason may be that those voters just don’t take the time to look at other candidates. Who knows?

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like birdy num-nums"

Mr. Mickeys Mom
      @mrmickeysmom

Right on @snortmcdork … I hope those voters ARE in the minority. This year was a challenge, but my husband and I were successful in getting my sister to start paying attention and stop being low information voters. She still says she will support any Democratic candidate. There isn’t a Green party yet that I’m aware of, but we can’t keep going down the road of the other crap, that’s for sure

And we have to come up with another word for low information voters… I think it’s lazy intellectually to keep watching and listening to the same stuff and not call yourself insane. Low information insanity isn’t gonna win people over, but we’ve got to continue to get them to PAY attention!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.