Sen. Elizabeth Warren says she will seek the presidency in 2020

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | 2020 Elections | President | Sen. Elizabeth Warren says she will seek the presidency in 2020

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 5,874

Warren is the first major name to commit.

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — Sen. Elizabeth Warren jumped into the 2020 presidential campaign Monday, offering a message of economic populism as she became the best-known Democratic candidate yet to enter what is expected to be a crowded race.

Warren’s announcement that she was establishing an exploratory committee — the legal precursor to a run — came as other candidates, including several of her fellow senators, made final preparations for their own announcements, some of which are expected in days.

“America’s middle class is under attack,” the Massachusetts Democrat said in a four-minute, 30-second video emailed to supporters Monday. “How did we get here? Billionaires and big corporations decided they wanted more of the pie. And they enlisted politicians to cut them a bigger slice.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/sen-elizabeth-warren-says-she-will-seek-the-presidency-in-2020/2018/12/31/1b0ae010-022f-11e9-b5df-5d3874f1ac36_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d5836a7b5ce4

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,632

And I have a massive mistrust of anyone who belongs to the Democratic party, really, rhetoric means nothing to me any more.

David the Gnome
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,720

Middle class, Warren?  Please dont pull an Al Gore.  Yes, what remains of the middle class is struggling – those with less are struggling a lot more.  Why not a more inclusive message?

Support the middle class to the exclusion of the working class and working poor – and believe me, they will feel the snub.  America, Americans are struggling.  Especially those in the “in between area” who do not qualify for benefits, but cannot afford to live.

Dont get me wrong..  my family is middle class, nothing at all against it.  If you want to appeal to American voters though, you had better include the working class and the poor.  Or get ready to lose.

sonofspy777
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,429

If she’s the nominee WE ALL LOSE!

https://i.postimg.cc/SKMhjMHD/Grr.gif

https://i.postimg.cc/kGzqx415/jpruck-smiley-emoticon.gif

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
      ~Samuel Clemens

Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,901

The time for excitement was in 2015. Announcing that a fiercely progressive woman was seeking the Presidency would have been big news then.

She chose not to announce, and a fiercely progressive man picked up the torch in her absence, and she remained unexcited by that.

All this unexcitement is contagious, I feel another yawn coming on!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.