‘Stop the hypocrisy’ Trump’s lawyer David Schoen said on 2/12/2021.

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | ‘Stop the hypocrisy’ Trump’s lawyer David Schoen said on 2/12/2021.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      gordyfl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,496

On day 1 I thought the Democrats made a good case that the impeachment hearing was constitutional.

Day 2 and 3 the House Managers posted some videos that, to me, were effective. Although, after the first few videos it began to feel monotonous. While the Democrats spent 2 days to make their case, Trump’s lawyers spent 3 hours making their case, then wrapped it up. The most effective part of their 3 hours, I thought, was their videos. Here is some scenes which I thought were most effective…

⦁ The first few minutes show how House Managers mislead the Senate.

⦁ Violence in the streets at 15:40 of video…

⦁ Democrats challenge the election results of the 2016 election at 18:00 minute mark.

⦁ At 29:00 David Schoen claims House Managers mislead the Senate with manipulated videos.

YouTube Video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjXLquBHdRo

salemcourt
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,644

these propaganda videos by the dems were.  Three fourths of JPR readers thought Trump was guilty after hearing the house democrats presentations.

Cold Mountain Trail
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 12,404

Claim at 28:15 re blue checkmark:

1.  Its a screenshot from FOX, shown here:

https://twitter.com/JenLawrence21/status/1359623622206267392/photo/1

–If it was tampered with, the tampering was done by FOX or by the woman who tweeted it.

–She hasn’t denied making the tweet & its still up on her twitter pages

–And should anyone actually care about really proving anything (which apparently no one does, on either side), its easy enough to do by calling in a few tech experts

This is the same woman who claims that she meant to tweet “The calvary is coming” instead of “The cavalry is coming”

https://mission.substack.com/p/an-open-letter-to-the-senate-the

Apparently she doesn’t understand what ‘calvary’ means either

Calvary/Golgotha/Place of the Skulls was the *place* where jesus was crucified, and where wrong-doers/offenders more generally were executed.

She can say that’s what she really meant (instead of that she doesn’t know how to spell) but it doesn’t seem to improve her case

Who is she implying will be crucified?

“Bringing the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ (AKA the salvation of everyone) back to Washington DC was EXACTLY why we organized three successful protests on November 14, December 12, and January 5th. We believe our sacred institutions have rotted through with bloat and corruption PRECISELY because they have separated the State from God.”

https://mission.substack.com/p/an-open-letter-to-the-senate-the

The cruxifiction/aka the salvation?

OK, so who’s got to die & rise for the (aka) salvation of everyone?  Why not just say “salvation of everyone/the republic” if that’s what was meant?

3/4 of JPR posters are so dumb they are all taken in by ‘propaganda videos’

and 1/4 only are the saved/calvary?  lol

So much more propaganda in the defense’s pitiful ‘rebuttal’ which doesn’t rebut any significant point of fact in the presentation

Cold Mountain Trail
      Participant

BTW, That video is from Hygo News

I’ve spent a bit of time trying to find out who “Hygo News” is, and there’s nothing to be found with a quick search, except that its out of California (though ‘Hygo’ sounds like a foreign/made-up word).

There’s a ‘Hygo’ Energy owned by yet another billionaire/private equity guy, but dubious as to whether the two have anything to do with each other.

So who’s Hygo & why should we buy their take?  How do we know *they* didn’t doctor this video?

gordyfl
        Participant

That was the Hearing. That was David Schoen (not a look-a-like actor). I watched most of Day 4 and that is what it looked like.

I remember when ABC broke for commentary Martha Radatz was upset and Stephanopoulos began mumbling about some things Van Der Veen had said. Both avoided talking about the effectiveness of the video.

However, ABC lawyer Dan Abrams came right out and said — “The tables are turned.”

I think of the old saying — “Freedom of the press belongs to those who own one.” You can print what you like, and NOT print what you choose not to.

Democrats told their side of the story (two-plus days worth) and Trump’s team told their side in three hours.

Cold Mountain Trail
          Participant

Because it takes more time to lay out an actual case v. copy clips of people saying ‘fight’ & pretend that’s a major win

Besides, your response doesn’t answer

And what *is* Hygo?  Do you know?  (Seriously, I’d like to know)

gordyfl
            Participant

Here’s the same video posted by PBS.

11:00 — House Managers vs Reality

31:40 — The violence

34:00 — Democrats object to the 2016 Election Results

38:35 — “Trump knows he’s an illegitimate president.” — Hillary Clinton

From 38:35 on — all I hear is Trump was an “illegitimate” president.

YouTube Video…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKkHeLQXwBw

Cold Mountain Trail
              Participant

Again, yours is non-responsive to my post #403512

It’s also non-responsive to my post #403520

Whereas I *did* respond pretty directly to one of the points the defense team made

Not a substantive point they made, but more substance that 5 minutes of people saying “fight”

gordyfl
                Participant

I watched Day 4. I looked on Youtube for what I had just watched (David Schoen). There were only two videos I found — at that time (Three if you count a video inside an article by FOX). Since both videos had matched what I had just watched, I picked one and posted it. Since then, more videos of the same are showing up on YouTube. How many more of the same videos do you want me to post? They’re all the same.

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,621

The ambulance chaser’s entire stupid argument against the Democrats’ supposedly poorly edited video was based on an even worse edited video of his own which he repeated endlessly for his entire presentation on Friday.

Just because every Democratic politician on the planet has used the word “fight” in a political sense at some time in their lives does NOT equal the many times that Cheeto has encouraged his brain damaged white supremacist cult followers of using actual violence to get what they want. And the orange imbecile putting out a half-assed tweet telling the MAGAtts to “go home peacefully” AFTER the damage was done definitely does not absolve him of the guilt. If Twitter had existed in 1945, and Hitler had tweeted “Hey, I never said anything about killing all the Jews!!” the ambulance chaser probably would have defended that too.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Ohio Barbarian
        • Total Posts: 20,155

He’s a narcissistic authoritarian buffoon, but he’s no Nazi. I don’t know what he was thinking on January 6, and I don’t think he knew, either, because he wasn’t thinking. Just getting attention, as always. Notice he didn’t show up at the Capitol like he strongly implied he would. If he had, I’d think differently on the subject.

Anyway, it’s over and that’s a good thing as far as I’m concerned.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

Cold Mountain Trail
          Participant

He *would have* shown up at the capitol if he’d thought there wouldn’t be violence.  He can’t get enough attention & would talk all day if anyone would listen.

But they were verifying the vote in that particular time period (his rally was rescheduled to coincide with it, by *him*)

And he needed a job done

So he went home and sat on his fat ass to watch it all go down & cheer it on

Satan
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 4,621

He wasn’t physically present at any of the murders his cult committed in 1969. But he damn sure told them to do it, and created the fucked up mental state which convinced them it was a good idea to do so.

Manson probably would have tweeted something like “Hey man, I didn’t kill anybody. That’s just you piggies lying about me. And I’m Jesus, so what I say is like the law, or something.”

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Ohio Barbarian
            • Total Posts: 20,155

Manson’s probably braver, though.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton

snot
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,179

and I agreed with him on that part.  I’d like to hear from more lawyers about the second part, his technical ground for not voting to convict.

Destruction is easy; creation is hard, but more interesting.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.