• New Registration

To become a member of JackpineRadicals please see post https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/new-members/

Home Main Forums Latest Breaking News Sweden tried to drop Assange extradition in 2013, CPS emails show

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
10 replies
  • djean111 (6708 posts)
    Profile photo of djean111 Donor

1. IMO, the UK promised the US Assange's head on a platter, and have no

intention of breaking that promise.  This has nothing to do with who is president, although I believe Obama was actively complicit.

• *Obligatory disclaimer - when I say "Democratic Party" I mean the DNC - the Clintons and the un-elected people and the consultants and the lobbyists and the corporations who actually run things.  The people who work and vote and are registered as "D" are no more the actual party than Trekkies are Star Trek.   Extra credit - the Democratic Party gets to actually fuck up your life. When you vote for it.
    You think the only reason that people won't vote for a warmongering Third Way fracking-enabling cluster bomb throwing H-1B increasing lying pandering corporate and Wall Street shill who says she has no problem putting abortion rights on the table is because we are mad about Bernie?  Um, nope.
    • elias39 (5419 posts)
      Profile photo of elias39 Donor

2. Agreed. Assange's life as a free man are over

Pamela Anderson notwithstanding.

This is all extra-judicial punishment. And the US can – and does – bring the hammer down on anyone, any where in the world. (Except for Snowden!)

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
      • Aldroud (1608 posts)
        Profile photo of Aldroud

5. Where is the US in any of this?

CT and paranoia seems to me.  Has the US asked anyone for Assange?

He’s more likely a target for a Clinton accident than any government action.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.
        • elias39 (5419 posts)
          Profile photo of elias39 Donor
          “Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
          • Aldroud (1608 posts)
            Profile photo of Aldroud

7. A completely slanted and partisan piece that is embarassing to read

The very first sentence is a lie.  The UN doesn’t rule on anything.

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.
          • rudycantfail (418 posts)
            Profile photo of rudycantfail

8. Thanks for the link to an excellent essay.

The author laid out the framing of the Assange situation. It’s also one stop shop for links explaining in detail the setup from the beginning.

I take nuclear holocaust pretty seriously.
  • rudycantfail (418 posts)
    Profile photo of rudycantfail

3. The CPS lawyer handling the case, who has since retired, commented

on an article which suggested that Sweden could drop the case in August 2012. He wrote: “Don’t you dare get cold feet!!!”

Lol! Does that sound like a simple bail skipping case?

The CPS lawyer wrote back to Ny in December 2013, insisting: “I do not consider costs are a relevant factor in this matter.” This was at a time when the Metropolitan police had revealed that its security operation to prevent Assange escaping from the embassy had already cost £3.8m. “I do wonder occasionally if the police just make public comments because they think it will somehow progress a case,” he wrote.

I take nuclear holocaust pretty seriously.
  • tonyl (1061 posts)
    Profile photo of tonyl Donor

4. If the British government institutions behave like serfs ..

I shudder to think of what the people they represent are like.

For shame.

Because you cant have integrity occasionally