Home Main Forums 2018 Elections The Fight For 2018 Begins NOW!

• Marym625 (26313 posts)
    Profile photo of Marym625 Admin

The Fight For 2018 Begins NOW!

From David Sparks:

The Fight For 2018 Begins NOW!

Dear friend of progressive politics:

First off, I want to thank EVERYONE for their help on our 2016 campaign for the Ohio Statehouse. Despite being outspent nearly 100-1 and being attacked by a two-month long dishonest GOP smear campaign, my first bid for public office was amazingly promising. Our campaign got 40 percent of the vote, won the vote in Montgomery County, and garnered local, national and international attention.

With that said, now is the time we build our machine for 2018!

We need to build a solid organization for the 2018 election. This will include a full-time office in Preble County, along with a field director and an extensive on-the-ground operation to engage, persuade, register and get voters to the polls.

We are now working to raise the funds necessary to fight the GOP and win in 2018.

I am asking you to please donate to our efforts to win a spot in the Statehouse in the 2018 election.

Please donate now at our campaign’s website at: votedavidsparks.org

Thank you very much for your support.

Together we will in 2018!

David Sparks

David Sparks is an actual progressive running for Representative in the 43rd District in Ohio.  So, let’s get this party started by helping this liberal-left-progressive in office!!

@votedavidsparks is a member here since the .org days.  He reregistered here the other day to post this.  Unfortunately, he needs to do the 10 replies before he can start a topic so I said I would do it for him.  Hopefully, he will get the 10 posts in replies here.  I don’t know how busy he is but, as I said, hopefully.

If you have a message for David, please use the @votedavidsparks in your reply so he receives a notification.

Here’s David on the Jimmy Dore show

disillusioned73, mmonk, Two way street and 12 othersThouArtThat, hypergrove, zoolook67, Passionate Progressive, LiberalElite, MistaP, Lynetta, Mom Cat, Silver Witch, OzoneTom, goodgirl, Scuba like this
    "Once the decision was made to go into Iraq as an invader and occupier,  it’s like our nation lost its conscience. And it has not yet gotten that conscience back." Madfloridian  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
18 replies
  • Silver Witch (5426 posts)
    Profile photo of Silver Witch Donor

1. David good luck.

#Let'sTalkRevolution
    • Marym625 (26313 posts)

2. I added a video of David on The Jimmy Dore Show to the OP

Thank you!

"Once the decision was made to go into Iraq as an invader and occupier,  it’s like our nation lost its conscience. And it has not yet gotten that conscience back." Madfloridian  
  • zoolook67 (627 posts)
    Profile photo of zoolook67 Donor

3. Sorry I'm late. Thanks, Mary.

Are we going to have some kind of list or database or reference system for 2018 candidates? This is really inspiring.

on edit: Loved the header!!!

Living well is the best revenge.
    • Marym625 (26313 posts)

5. Yes. We're working on something now to help with activism,

organizing and helping progressive candidates in the 2018 election.

It may be a bit before we can get it out there but we’re working on it.

Thank you!

• hypergrove (196 posts)
    Profile photo of hypergrove Donor

4. @votedavidsparks Campaign as an FDR Democrat!

Dear David

Many of us are grief stricken that the FDR party we know and have loved, is fading from sight. Please join us to bring back the party of the 2nd Bill of Rights – every single one of its planks. If this be the “litmus” test for progressive candidates, then bring it on with us!

J ! Justice, Democrats, Justice ! P ! Primary the Corporatists ! R ! Roosevelt’s 2nd Bill of Rights !
    • Marym625 (26313 posts)

6. The "@" doesn't work in the title

So I’ll put it here. :)

@votedavidsparks

• Snort McDork (2677 posts)
        Profile photo of Snort McDork Donor

7. We need to focus on the Senate

Get some Berniecrats in the Senate so the SC dosen’t go total Clarance Thomas.

The House may be fucked beyond control. However, it doesn’t hurt to try.

• Marym625 (26313 posts)

8. Yes, we need REAL PROGRESSIVE candidates

And the Senate. People with some backbone and actual morality. Not the fake Christian shit

• cascadiance (2805 posts)
            Profile photo of cascadiance Donor

13. Even replacing corporate Democrats like Manchin and Heitkamp will help in 2018!

We NEED to primary those corporate Democrats then.  Especially these two who are already trying to help Trump give us a “Clarence Thomas” court!  The sooner we replace bums like that, we’ll also help the progressives within the party retake control of it the way we need to as well!

Vote AGAINST the race to the bottom by both corporate parties who seek to screw workers over globally!                                                                                  
            • Marym625 (26313 posts)

14. Absofuckinglutely!

Credo has a statement asking people to sign. It states that we will not vote for any democrat who passes Gorsuch.

I’ll try to find it

• cascadiance (2805 posts)
                Profile photo of cascadiance Donor

15. We should start a new thread on primary races for 2018…

Where we list each senate and house seat that is up for election then, and find info on who the prospective challengers (and announced ones too) for those seats.  If we can build it up to a point where a lot of people come here to to know who to vote for for Part 1 of the revolution to start then, I think it will be a big help.  Forward that link to Bernie and other progressive organizations too.

Vote AGAINST the race to the bottom by both corporate parties who seek to screw workers over globally!                                                                                  
                • Marym625 (26313 posts)

16. I love it

Please remind me in a couple weeks. I honestly don’t have time right now. We’re still dealing with glitches from the upgrade

But that’s a great idea!!

• Marym625 (26313 posts)

9. But we should still fight for the house

10. I didn't mean to make it sound like we should TOTALLY give up on the HOR

It just has been a difficult battle the past few cycles with gerrymandered districts. Depressing if you ask me.

• mmonk (1836 posts)
              Profile photo of mmonk Donor

11. Truth.

• Marym625 (26313 posts)

12. Yep. It's terrible

17. I just realized that we need the House to begin Impeachment hearings

Can’t get this slime out of the Peoples house unless we have a HOR that can begin hearings on his illegal dealings and violations to his job duties. I still have my reservations.

• Marym625 (26313 posts)

18. I bet dollars to doughnuts

It won’t happen. And frankly, I think pence would be as bad