• working on it

Glitches popping up as we fix others. Working on it, especially the reply issue. Please continue to log issues in Q&A. Thank you for your patience
  • Site issues

New hamster wheels put into service last night: hopefully things will be a little faster and smoother now! There *were* some hiccups, but things seem to be OK now. Please log any problems in the "Help & Q&A Forum", thanks!

Home Main Forums 2018 Elections The Fight For 2018 Begins NOW!

• Marym625 (15024 posts)
    Profile photo of Marym625 Admin

The Fight For 2018 Begins NOW!

From David Sparks:

The Fight For 2018 Begins NOW!

Dear friend of progressive politics:

First off, I want to thank EVERYONE for their help on our 2016 campaign for the Ohio Statehouse. Despite being outspent nearly 100-1 and being attacked by a two-month long dishonest GOP smear campaign, my first bid for public office was amazingly promising. Our campaign got 40 percent of the vote, won the vote in Montgomery County, and garnered local, national and international attention.

With that said, now is the time we build our machine for 2018!

We need to build a solid organization for the 2018 election. This will include a full-time office in Preble County, along with a field director and an extensive on-the-ground operation to engage, persuade, register and get voters to the polls.

We are now working to raise the funds necessary to fight the GOP and win in 2018.

I am asking you to please donate to our efforts to win a spot in the Statehouse in the 2018 election.

Please donate now at our campaign’s website at: votedavidsparks.org

Thank you very much for your support.

Together we will in 2018!

David Sparks

David Sparks is an actual progressive running for Representative in the 43rd District in Ohio.  So, let’s get this party started by helping this liberal-left-progressive in office!!

@votedavidsparks is a member here since the .org days.  He reregistered here the other day to post this.  Unfortunately, he needs to do the 10 replies before he can start a topic so I said I would do it for him.  Hopefully, he will get the 10 posts in replies here.  I don’t know how busy he is but, as I said, hopefully.

If you have a message for David, please use the @votedavidsparks in your reply so he receives a notification.

Here’s David on the Jimmy Dore show

Two way street, ThouArtThat, hypergrove and 10 otherszoolook67, Passionate Progressive, LiberalElite, MistaP, Lynetta, Mom Cat, Silver Witch, OzoneTom, goodgirl, Scuba like this
    948c8f248a Thank you DNC, Hillary Clinton, The Hillary Clinton Players, GOP, RNC and CrossCheck for Trump. Enjoy it while it lasts. The Revolution may not be televised but it's beginning. And we'll win

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • Silver Witch (3660 posts)
    Profile photo of Silver Witch Donor

1. David good luck.

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free. ~ Clarence Darrow
    • Marym625 (15024 posts)

2. I added a video of David on The Jimmy Dore Show to the OP

Thank you!

948c8f248a Thank you DNC, Hillary Clinton, The Hillary Clinton Players, GOP, RNC and CrossCheck for Trump. Enjoy it while it lasts. The Revolution may not be televised but it's beginning. And we'll win
  • zoolook67 (525 posts)
    Profile photo of zoolook67 Donor

3. Sorry I'm late. Thanks, Mary.

Are we going to have some kind of list or database or reference system for 2018 candidates? This is really inspiring.

on edit: Loved the header!!!

Living well is the best revenge.
    • Marym625 (15024 posts)

5. Yes. We're working on something now to help with activism,

organizing and helping progressive candidates in the 2018 election.

It may be a bit before we can get it out there but we’re working on it.

Thank you!

• hypergrove (160 posts)
    Profile photo of hypergrove Donor

4. @votedavidsparks Campaign as an FDR Democrat!

Dear David

Many of us are grief stricken that the FDR party we know and have loved, is fading from sight. Please join us to bring back the party of the 2nd Bill of Rights – every single one of its planks. If this be the “litmus” test for progressive candidates, then bring it on with us!

J ! Justice, Democrats, Justice ! P ! Primary the Corporatists ! R ! Roosevelt’s 2nd Bill of Rights !
    • Marym625 (15024 posts)

6. The "@" doesn't work in the title

So I’ll put it here. :)

@votedavidsparks