The Ralph Nader Radio Hour Dec 22, 2018 – Medicare Advantage? No Advantage!

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Multimedia | The Ralph Nader Radio Hour Dec 22, 2018 – Medicare Advantage? No Advantage!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr. Mickeys Mom
      • Total Posts: 4,303
      NJCher
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,085

Plan on listening to this while I garden. Thanks for posting it.

Cher

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,579

The Dr. Hyde guy being interviewed by Nader is an advocate of health care “access” (who isn’t?). He more or less says we don’t need to reinvent our system by adopting a Canadian style system because we don’t need to imitate their culture, “We have our own culture.”

Hyde does point out abuses by the insurance industry through Medicare Advantage plans but he sure doesn’t advocate completely removing their role in the system.

I am disappointed in Ralph that he didn’t give the guy more push back. One thing about Hyde, he is clearly (at least partly) looking out for the well being of the profiteers.

The thing about the US health care system is, it is so bad, that if we tinker with it we almost can’t help but improve it almost as if by accident.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

Mr. Mickeys Mom
        • Total Posts: 4,303

… Yah…. Their culture is more democratic than our has deteriorated to!

Truthfully, we have everything in place to expand Medicare. One of the points I think Hyde agreed upon is the buy in for this state by state plan for Medicaid… We wouldn’t have to deal with each state with Medicare for all.

How much more of a fight will we have with the notion of what M for A is in 2019? I think the 3rd way Democrats (and all Republicans, let’s face it) who is owned by the insurance and other industries are gonna try to tell us how bad it is. Our counter is to simply say, “take away the cap” and adjust paying into it with everyone paying their fair share.

Nothing different from Bernie’s message of 2016… But, you’ve got to hand it to Nader. He’s NEVER stops trying to get the message out, regardless of who engages with him.

Hell, no... I'm not giving up...

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.