The Zero Value of a 2020 Predsential Poll

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | The Zero Value of a 2020 Predsential Poll

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,922

<p class=”indent”>After every presidential election, we hear weeping and wailing and much gnashing of teeth about the disservice that “horse-race” reporting does to the political process. Tell me, then, what possible actual news value there is in a poll taken over a year before a freak nominating mechanism that should be sent down the Mississippi on a raft anyway? (If you have enough death left, kill the Iowa caucuses with it, too.) Let CNN attempt to explain. First, its own poll:</p>

Former Vice President Joe Biden continues to top the list when the potential Democratic electorate is asked who they’d be most likely to support for the nomination, with 30% saying they would back him. Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders lands in second with 14%. Support for each is about the same as in October. O’Rourke lands in third with 9%, up 5 points since October. New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker follows at 5%. California Sen. Kamala Harris and Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren have each dropped 5 points since October and are now below 5% support.

https://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/277-75/53955-there-is-exactly-zero-value-whatsoever-in-a-2020-presidential-poll-right-now

If link does not work, copy and paste cutting out the (<p>) that may appear to read story.

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like birdy num-nums"

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 17,305

Those are the same percentages I saw in a poll of “top Democrats and party members,” or something like that. What constitutes a “top Democrat?” It’s neither thee nor me, I’m pretty sure about that.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 5,894

Potential Democratic electorate = DNC.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

sonofspy777
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,468

Shocker!  Our hand -picked and compensated land line Pollees continue to do exactly

what we tell “em!

Quelle Surprise!

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
      ~Samuel Clemens

doh1304
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,319

In 2012 I was “a Democratic leader” polled on a number of superficial “hot button” questions.  (one of the poll questions was “are you donating: $x, $y, $z – I don’t remember the amounts)

I Demexited in 1997. They apparently thought “Democratic leader” was spelled “registered Green”.

Enthusiast
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,587

It’s fake. Clearly, it is fake. CNN, what more needs to be said?

CNN, like the rest, has an agenda. That agenda is to preserve corporate control of the Democratic Party.

I would like to remind you that U.S. health insurance companies do not contribute anything to health care. They are only a PARASITIC middle man receiving an undeserved cut of "FREE MONEY".

Me

Pastiche
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 370

Anyone remember Joementum? That’s when name recognition placed Joe Lieberman to the front of all other candidates in the beginning of the 2004 election.

Remember how that turned out?

“We’re about to have an election in which Incompetent A is going to be contesting with Incompetent B when both of them have demonstrated nothing remotely like any shred of adequacy to the scope of the problems we face.”

Richard Wolff

Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,922

Liberman is a Repuke. His actions and comments reflect that.

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like birdy num-nums"

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.