This is how Trump cheats his way into a second term.
- Total Posts: 481
The USPS is shutting down mail sorting machines crucial for processing absentee ballots as the 2020 election looms
- The United States Postal Service is deactivating mail-sorting machines at processing centers across the US.
- At least 19 sorting machines — which can process 35,000 pieces of mail per hour — have been dismantled and removed in recent weeks, Motherboard earlier reported.
- The Iowa Postal Workers Union also voiced concerns that sorting machines are being dismantled last week in a letter to Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a top Trump donor who has implemented sweeping changes to the USPS since taking office earlier this summer.
- Mail-in voting amid the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to cause a surge in mail volume ahead of the 2020 election. Trump has explicitly said that he wants to withhold funding from the post office to sabotage mail-in voting.
- more at link
August 14, 2020 at 1:39 AM #347056Ohio BarbarianModerator
- Total Posts: 21,777
I don’t care anymore. It doesn’t matter to me who wins. Either way, some cities are going to burn and some people are going to die.
It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs
You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton
August 14, 2020 at 1:56 AM #347064ArtfromArkParticipant
- Total Posts: 1,616
Although I am kind of sheltered where I live outside the US, I have famiiy members in the US I dearly love, and want only the very, very best for them.
“There’s a new spirit abroad in the land. The old days of ‘grab and greed’ are on their way out. We’re beginning to think of what we owe the other fellow, not just what we’re compelled to give him. The time’s coming… when we shan’t be able to fill our bellies in comfort while others go hungry, sleep in warm beds while others shiver in the cold.... And God willing, we’ll live to see that day…” Basil Rathbone,"Sherlock Holmes Faces Death" (Universal 1943)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.