• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Home JackpineRadical Rooms JPR Reading Room This Market Reminds Me Of 1987, Strategist Jim Paulsen Says

• Purveyor (2633 posts)
    Profile photo of Purveyor Donor

This Market Reminds Me Of 1987, Strategist Jim Paulsen Says

There is a renewal of optimism that will carry the stock market higher, but there may be a correction sometime this year, strategist Jim Paulsen told CNBC on Friday.

In fact, he thinks the 2017 market reminds him of the one in 1987.

Back then, the economy began to recover after two years of a slowdown. There was also an “explosion” in the stock market and bond yields before the market came crashing down in October, the chief investment strategist at Wells Capital Management noted.

Now, in 2017, “we’re finally pulling together some things,” he told “Power Lunch.”

Those things include a return to full employment, the broadening out of the recovery across the globe, the uptick in earnings and normalization of U.S. monetary policy, he explained. Plus, Donald Trump won the presidential election.

MORE…

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/06/this-market-reminds-me-of-1987-strategist-jim-paulsen-says.html?__source=google%7Ceditorspicks%7C&par=google&google_editors_picks=true

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.