Three Florida Republicans indicted for election fraud in 2020 ‘ghost candidate’ scheme: report

Homepage | Forums | Topics In Depth | Election Fraud | Three Florida Republicans indicted for election fraud in 2020 ‘ghost candidate’ scheme: report

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      eridani
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 11,957

https://www.alternet.org/2022/05/three-florida-republicans-election-fraud/

“Some NPA candidates, commonly referred to as ‘ghost’ candidates, have been used by political parties as a way to close elections or siphon off votes. While not illegal per se, many have questioned the ethics of the practice. However, when the candidate and the partisan political operatives involved violate election finance laws by illegally funding those races and filing false reports, it is the responsibility of government to act,” Archer said in a press release. “Today’s actions represent our commitment to ensuring the integrity of Florida’s election process and holding those who violate state campaign laws accountable.”

FDLE Acting Commissioner Mark Glass’s office explained in a statement that “Iannotti ran as an independent candidate for Florida State Senate District 9 in the 2020 election. The investigation showed that Iannotti illegally accepted a $1,200 cash donation from Foglesong in support of her candidacy. Agents found that Iannotti and Foglesong falsely used the names of other individuals as contributors in official campaign finance documents reported to the Florida Department of State to skirt Florida laws on campaign contributions. Agents say that Paris provided the name and address of one of the individuals Iannotti and Foglesong falsely used in their official campaign reporting, even though Paris knew the individual had not contributed to the campaign.”

Glass added that “elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, and we must do everything we can to ensure they are fair and transparent. Protecting the integrity of our elections is a top priority in Florida, and that includes making sure candidates follow the laws.”

Arrest warrants have been issued for Foglesong and Iannotti, who are out on $4,500 and $10,000 bond, respectively, and have been ordered to surrender by May 25th

Jesus: Hey, Dad? God: Yes, Son? Jesus: Western civilization followed me home. Can I keep it? God: Certainly not! And put it down this minute--you don't know where it's been! Tom Robbins in Another Roadside Attraction

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,748

Remember, the Democratic Party, according to the Democratic Party, can name anyone it wants to name to be on the ballot.  By hook or by crook.

This is just campaign material, really.

America is not a country, it's just a business. (Brad Pitt, Killing Them Softly)

"Sometimes when I try to understand a person's motives, I play a little game. I assume the worst. What's the worst reason they could possibly have for saying what they say and doing what they do? Then I ask myself, 'How well does that reason explain what they say and what they do?'" GRRM

A YouTube comment – we need new conspiracy theories – the old ones have all come true.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.