Home Main Forums All Things Bernie/Our Revolution TJDS – Will Democrats Cheat Bernie Again In 2020?

• Fordfairlanestl (1121 posts)
    Profile photo of Fordfairlanestl

TJDS – Will Democrats Cheat Bernie Again In 2020?

OCMI, Fuddnik, Lorien and 17 othersPastiche, ZimInSeattle, SurrealAmerican, Land of Enchantment, Mom Cat, Iwalani88, Two way street, RufusTFirefly, A little weird, HomerRamone, canoeist52, Enthusiast, Pam, PADemD, ThouArtThat, daleanime, Ejbr like this
    There is no one like Bernie Sanders. NO ONE!!! The cause is right!!  The time is NOW!!! Note: I ONLY vote for grass root progressive politicians that support: "Single Payer", "Tuition Free College", "15 bucks an hour". That is all.....

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
  • Ejbr (246 posts)
    Profile photo of Ejbr Donor

1. I would be shocked

If the DNC permitted an acceptable candidate to reach the general election. The dismissal of the fraud lawsuit, albeit on technical grounds, has only emboldened them to be cheaters in every level of government.

Done with Corporate Dems. Done. "The time is always right do the right thing." MLK
  • Enthusiast (10220 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

2. Jimmy, going to Vegas will give you a chair throwing opportunity!

What could be better!

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat, 1848
  • ThouArtThat (5469 posts)
    Profile photo of ThouArtThat Donor

3. Why Is This Citizen Bereft Of Optimism

eom

"In America Today, Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely" - Anonymous  
  • A little weird (646 posts)
    Profile photo of A little weird Donor

4. Interesting

Their discussion of democratic party reform vs new party was interesting.  I have gone back and forth many times on this subject.  I do think it would be ideal to reform the party but I don’t think the ruling class will allow it.  Whether or not the democratic party is reformed, the barriers in place to prevent new parties should be taken down.  It’s probably not unreasonable to have some restrictions, but it shouldn’t be as high a bar as it is to get on the ballot.

• Pam (1306 posts)
    Profile photo of Pam Donor

5. Good discussion …

..up until the end, when they both seemed to be defending Antifa. Sorry, I think those people are counter productive.

• Two way street (2591 posts)
    Profile photo of Two way street Donor

6. With the release of a statement from Nacy Pelosi, one might ask themself

is Pelosi an Antifa Nazi?  Of course not, but she needs to clarify the difference between Anti-fascism and Antifa.

Republicans might say, during a campaign, that Pelosi is pro-Nazi because she is against Anti-fascism; therefore, the New Democratic Party is pro-Nazi.  That would point the finger away from Trump, and his supremacy beliefs.

Draft Bernie for a people's party becomes Draft Bernie for a people's single-payer party-Medicare for All.
  • Punxsutawney (1752 posts)
    Profile photo of Punxsutawney Donor

7. Does a bear piss in the woods?

To neoliberals, everyone and everything are disposable. -  Chris Hedges  “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness" - J.K. Galbraith
  • ZimInSeattle (1477 posts)
    Profile photo of ZimInSeattle Donor

8. He can only be cheated by the Democrats if he runs as one. Hope he's not that

stupid.

Proudly #DemExited & #LeftOut  | "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - JFK | Bernie would have WON!  |“Fascism is a result of the failure of the left to provide an alternative” - Leon Trotsky | Sanders/Gabbard 2020 (PPP
    • Lorien (1732 posts)
      Profile photo of Lorien

9. Amen to that. I agree that the situation requires action on both fronts;

we need to work on reforming the Dems from within (which is what the Repug led DLC set out to do in the 1980s, and that’s what brought us to today), WHILE building a viable third party that will attract the vast majority of Independents who are disillusioned with both major parties. If we can’t reform the DNC by 2020-which means ditching the superdelegates- he needs to run as a third party candidate, or back someone who is.