Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Latest Breaking News | Trump issues executive order freezing federal workers' pay in 2019

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      N2Doc
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,303

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday freezing federal workers’ pay for 2019, following through on a proposal he announced earlier in the year.

The move, which nixes a 2.1% across-the-board pay raise that was set to take effect in January, comes as hundreds of thousands of federal employees are expecting to begin the new year furloughed or working without pay because of a partial government shutdown.

Trump told lawmakers he planned to scrap the 2019 pay bump for federal workers in August, saying the federal budget couldn’t support it. In addition to the 2.1% pay increase, the executive order also cancels a yearly adjustment of paychecks based on the region of the country where workers are posted, called the “locality pay increase,” that was due to take effect in January.

The move does not affect a 2.6% pay increase for US troops next year that was passed as part of the massive defense spending bill Trump signed in August.

more

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/29/politics/trump-executive-order-federal-workers-pay-freeze/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_latest+%28RSS%3A+CNN+-+Most+Recent%29

F U C K E R

bazukhov
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,865

Or, will his bone spurs prevent him from paying the “just following orders” heroes?

Tell me, great captain, how do the angels sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on? Tom Waites

Ohio Barbarian
        • Total Posts: 17,223

got a 2.9% pay raise for 2019–it had nothing to do with Trump and would take an Act of Congress to change the formula. I believe it has been around since Bush II.

Other federal workers are not so protected, and the president can freeze their salaries if he declares there is some budgetary necessity, real or imagined. Guess which one Trump is using.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

alcina
        Participant
        • Total Posts: 686

I’m perplexed.  

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

bazukhov
          Participant
          • Total Posts: 2,865

For wannabe emperors in Rome the first necessity was to get the support of the military, the legions.   One way of doing that (and probably the most effective way) was to give the troops bribes in the form of pay raises.

Tell me, great captain, how do the angels sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on? Tom Waites

alcina
            Participant
            • Total Posts: 686

is that somehow a doorway to the multiverse has opened around him, and different versions — all varying degrees of insane — are popping in and out of our world, making different and often conflicting comments, promises, etc. And since none are self-aware, they don’t realize what’s happening. Sort of like the characters in Blake Crouch’s Dark Matter, but not as smart or insightful.

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

mrdmk
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,252

How many times did Trump not pay workers or contractors through unethical means?

Below is a Common Dreams story confirming the CNN piece:

‘Pouring Salt Into the Wound’ Amid Shutdown, Trump Signs Executive Order Freezing Pay of Nearly 2 Million Federal Workers

“It is shocking that federal employees are taking yet another financial hit. As if missed paychecks and working without pay were not enough, now they have been told that they don’t even deserve a modest pay increase.”

With hundreds of thousands of federal employees currently furloughed or working without pay due to the ongoing government shutdown, President Donald Trump delivered another blow to struggling workers on Friday by signing an executive order that will freeze the pay of around two million public employees in 2019.

link to Common Dreams

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit WC Fields

Rex
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 154

Just not for federal workers…they get screwed at Christmas time! Trump is truly a foul wind from a demon’s butt.

Forcing people to work without pay is akin to slavery.

surrealAmerican
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 728

What’s to prevent them just going out on strike?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.