Trump says ‘maybe I’ll have to leave the country’ if he loses the 2020 election to Joe Biden

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Trump says ‘maybe I’ll have to leave the country’ if he loses the 2020 election to Joe Biden

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      leftcoast mountains
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,087

President Donald Trump suggested at a rally in Georgia that he may have to “leave the country” if Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden wins the election next month.

“Could you imagine if I lose?” Trump said on Friday. “I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know.”

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-suggests-he-may-leave-country-biden-election-2020-10

vote for nobody

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,905

If I were in his shoes, I would choose Slovenia. People there like him because that’s Melania’s home country. I’m sure they would shield him from extradition. And Slovenia is a beautiful place, with mountains and coastal towns right off a postcard.

MizzGrizz
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,671

Wasn’t coherent

Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,847

Unfortunately, he will still be MY problem. Yeah, I’m not at all convinced that Cheeto is “cured” of COVID 19. He’s going to be roommates with Herman Cain soon enough… 

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 717

Almost.

"The United States is also a one-party state but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them." -Julius Nyerere, First President of Tanzania

HalfCentury Man
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 834

Consider the humor in no other country granting him access due to his being a corona carrier.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy: 13 March 1962.

MizzGrizz
      Participant

..really do think that leaving,withdrawing,is punishing the people who do not appreciate them.

If he loses,he will think we don’t deserve to keep looking at him.

He will withdraw his wonderful (not) self from our presence and thinks we will suffer and miss him.

Populist Prole
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 525

You nailed that MizzGrizz.

Rich narcissists and their “capital strikes” and “going Galt” and all that. Everyone wishes they’d just vanish into a POOF for good, but they think they’ll be missed. That is one magic plastic bubble.

MizzGrizz
      Participant

..@populistprole,that by now most people are LONGING to see him go.Even if they would be no happier with Biden.

jwirr
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,689

I have thought this for some time now. We tolerated most of our present day former presidents but I am no sure tRump will get even that kind of consideration. Most of us want to see him pay for his crimes and for his lack of consideration when it came to the problems facing the 99%. He is hated and I wonder how many threats he gets everyday from those who he hurts? I remember the Secret Service talking about how many threats the President Obama got than other presidents. I can’t imagine that not happening to tRump.

jwirr

Cold Mountain Trail
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 10,353

if melania’s going to divorce him and sue for support, slovenia might not be the place to go

retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,257

I’m sure they would accept him.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,956

Since according to Drumpf himself that’s what desperate people do who live in shithole countries

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

B Calm
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 995

I look for the tax evading bastard to flee!

Populist Prole
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 525
      MackMarkstein
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 109

Sure, this was a typical Trumpism designed to steal news cycles and create, um, discussion threads.

But it is also a typical DJT utterance of what he’s really thinking, saying the quiet parts out loud.  The man has gotta fear the Big House, back taxes, having to live off of Social Security:  whatever it is that would befall him if he doesn’t have Presidential immunity to claim, and his own propaganda machine.  Great fear in there.  I forget in which horror movie is the line,  “There are far worse things that await man than death.”  Like having to really pay taxes.

chknltl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,146

Seriously, what he does or where he goes after an election he loses, presuming he does lose, is up to his bigly self.

(Ok so he might rise up out of the Pumpkin Patch for Linus but by then Lucy will have long ago carted the poor lad home).

I’ve seen comments about Trump being tried and/or find himself in Gitmo.

So where have I heard that noise before…hmmm…

Oh yeah, Obama had just become POTUS, Pelosi had just become the first female Speaker Of The House…

…and Republicans were pouring out their angst that Bush jr and the Bush family evil empire, (BFEE) were about to be dragged through Congressional impeachment hearings!

The truth about our involvement with Afghanistan and Iraq was about to be revealed, the curtains swept away.

The world would see that our citizenry stood by our own rules of law, that nobody was above that law…we put our signature on the results from the Geneva Conventions and we stood behind that too!

The BFEE were going to get their death dealing shenanigans brought out in a court of law!

…but Madam Speaker, almost as her first act stabbed the citizens of our planet in the back when she took impeachment off the table.

(I was shocked…I ceased being a democrat that day albeit this realization took another year or so to sink in).

Moving forward reluctantly, we have watched as Pelosi led her dog-n-pony shows against Trump these past four years.

While she put in enough effort to qualify as a lackluster attempt at President Trump’s impeachment,

what is to say that should Biden win, Pelosi won’t “take impeachment off the table” entirely? 

AGAIN!!

Regardless of laws Trump may or may not have broken, regardless the lives his actions may have cost, regardless if official allegations are little more than politically drummed up BS, (Russiagate for example), Madam Speaker could put the kibosh on any further hearings.

I expect nothing less out of Speaker Pelosi.

I am anticipating nobody being able to kick that football while Lucy Van Pelt or Nancy Pelosi hold it.

djean111
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,015
      Hobbit709
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,105

More accurately in the dock at Den Hague.

Or we could keep him here. I think reopening Alcatraz and giving him Al Capone’s old cell would be about right.

I don't waste my time teaching pigs to sing.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.