Trump, the Quintessential American
December 18, 2018 at 9:35 AM #1812
If I do the Hamsters eat it. Kinda sucks. But click on ‘link’, it is a worthwhile article
Note, tried to launder the text through a word processor, eliminated all formatting, links, etc. Still can’t get it by the hamsters. Something about pasting a block of text. I suspect this will be the case for any website. Needs fixing.
December 18, 2018 at 9:54 AM #1818Ohio BarbarianModerator
- Total Posts: 20,599
Highlight something in your OP, or add “full article here” or something, click on the paperclip thing on the toolbar(4th from the right) and paste the article web address in the box, and click on the arrow. And voila’! Linkie works!
It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs
You can jail a revolutionary, but you can't jail the revolution.--Fred Hampton
December 18, 2018 at 10:25 AM #1830
But I would like to post a paragraph or 2 from the article, and that isn’t allowed. In fact, if I create a post, then try to add a paragraph, the hamsters eat the whole thing and delete the entire post, even though I am just editing it.
I refuse to hand-type copy the articles. So I guess people will have to blind-click the links, which I and others hate to do.
Needs fixing, asap.
December 18, 2018 at 2:41 PM #1968bazukhovParticipant
- Total Posts: 2,980
Trump is just more successful….at finding suckers.
Tell me, great captain, how do the angels sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on? Tom Waites
December 18, 2018 at 2:59 PM #1986
Do these things:
- Click on the ‘toolbar toggle’ icon in the bar just above this window-a second row of icons should appear.
- Copy your text from the other website. Before you paste it in the window here, click on the icon that looks like a suitcase with a ‘T’ printed on it. Then paste. This ensures that you paste as plain text and not with links (the links seem to kill your post).
- Select your text that you just pasted, and click on the icon that looks like a parenthesis (“, top line next to the 1,2,3 icon). Should get all your text indented.
- That should do it. Also for links to the article need to type some sort of text (like ‘LINK’) , select it, and click the link icon in the toolbar above this window, paste in the url in the popupwindow and click the check mark. That makes a clickable link to the article.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.