Tulsi Gabbard is IN for 2020

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | General Discussion | Tulsi Gabbard is IN for 2020

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      HubHeaver
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 441

Came across Twitter a little bit ago.  She says she will be making the formal announcement within a week.

Page Not Found

leftcoast mountains
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,785

Well good luck to her.

vote for nobody

elias39
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,051

Sweeet!

Though I kind of wish Bernie had beat her to the punch –

now it gets more complicated.

incognito
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,044

I like her, but Bernie’s “the one” for me. The more Progressives standing up and countering the corrupt Oligarchs, the better.

RufusTFirefly
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,432

I like Tulsi, but as a Rep. she receives my stock response, namely that she needs to win a statewide election first. Right now in terms of electability, all we know is that she can win an election in Hawaii’s 2nd Congressional district. And although she won her last race with an impressive 77.4 percent, that’s only 153,271 votes.

That said, becoming a presidential candidate can be an excellent way to increase name recognition and earn national street cred. That can pave the way for a 2024 victory or maybe even a key spot in the Sanders White House.

bazukhov
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,849

It looks like it will be a crowded track in the primary horse race with a lot of runners from left to right.

Can she win the left and not scare off the center in the general?

Tell me, great captain, how do the angels sleep when the devil leaves his porch light on? Tom Waites

Joe Shlabotnik
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 864

Wow!  Between her and Warren, this tells me one of 2 things; Bernie isn’t going to run, or Tulsi is positioning herself to run as VP.

~ All good things are Wild and Free ~

ravensong
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,222

I’m voting for Bernie if he runs, but I’d vote for Tulsi over any of the Establishment candidates.

“A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by a majority.” ~ Booker T. Washington

The truth is, there’s no such thing as being “anti-Fascist.” Either you are a decent human being with a conscience, or you are a fascist.
      ~ Unknown

Woman Hear Me Roar!!
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 62

I am in.  I would vote for Tulsi above anyone else.  Bernie will have betrayed his base by not building a third party if he runs as a democrat

Tulsi is forthright and focused.  Plus a woman and ex-military.

Go Tulsi.

Finally women are being heard...finally women are roaring.....

David the Gnome
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,717

Honestly, a choice between Sanders and Gabbard wont be an easy one for me.  Bernie has some advantages – but so does she.  Bernie has the wisdom of experience – decades of it, serving the right causes.  Tulsi has military experience – and the passion of youth.  She could do things simply because she didnt know they couldn’t be done.

Both will appeal strongly to progressives – and possibly libertarians (Tulsi likely has the edge there).  She would, if elected, be the first female Preaident AND the youngest President in our history, I believe.

Experience isnt everything though.  You need a solid platform – Bernie has one.  Not sure what hers will look like, but I am eager to find out.

Overall, I prefer Bernie.  Still… not as easy of a choice as it would have been before.  In any event, she is someone I will be taking very seriously.

Snort McDork
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,900

I kinda feel the same (after reading other comments) that she is running to position herself as a potential VP pick. Happy to see her in the race. I will still support and vote for Bernie. But I think she may have something up her sleeve as for increasing the exposure of policies that Bernie supports. I know she will be out on the trail with Medicare 4 All, forgiving student debt, and a Green New Deal. But I believe the more progressive policies out there, the better. And it will freak out the Joe Biden boot licker’s CNN, Cluster Faux, NY Times, and all the others.  I am getting anxious to see how this plays out. I hope she is prepared for the smears that will certainly come her way.

View post on imgur.com

I'm Snort McDork and I approved this message.

"I like birdy num-nums"

doh1304
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,306

Like I said at c99 Tulsi could – would – be the 1st Green President,(after a guaranteed corruptocrat backstab) but she would need Bernie’s endorsement and Trump would have to run for reelection. If the Republicans run a candidate that the public doesn’t already loathe it (he? human?) could get enough “anything but a Democrat” votes. Also, her campaign must catch fire before Warren’s, or Warren will become the “assumed” successor to Bernie.

jerry611
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,008

Lot of people running in 2020.

Too bad practically everyone was scared to run against the Queen back in 2016. We may have gotten someone who might have been able to beat Trump.

sadoldgirl
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 943

I just received an e-mail from her. Her main issue turns about

war and PEACE. Considering that mine have been Climate Change

and peace, she will get my support. However, she claims to explain

more in the near future. Thus, I will wait until then. As I

have stated before: Bernie with his support of the Russia-gate

as well as for his demand that “our allies in the ME” should

carry more of the war burden, is far too wishy-washy for me.

sonofspy777
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,426

Jury out on young sprout.

Grasshopper has much more going for her, plus she’s coached by the real

Lion of the Senate.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”
      ~Samuel Clemens

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.