UAW sues GM over temporary workers, escalating fight over job cuts (Ben Klayman January 3, 2019 Reuters)

Homepage | Forums | Main Forums | Latest Breaking News | UAW sues GM over temporary workers, escalating fight over job cuts (Ben Klayman January 3, 2019 Reuters)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bobthedrummer
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 58
      Babel 17
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,869

[last lines]

Smokey James: [voiceover echoing earlier line] They pit the lifers against the new boy and the young against the old. The black against the white. Everything they do is to keep us in our place.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/blue-collar-1978

Retired union member, and lifelong supporter here. Union bennies paid for my medical care as a kid, and a union pension allowed me to get out of a tough line of work while I could still walk away. It’s enough that when combined with savings I can last until Social Security kicks in later this year.

Two things we can’t take for granted with the politicians; the way of life that unions helped enshrine, and the Social Security we paid for. The establishment that seems to want Forever Wars also seems to want us at their mercy.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.