US-STYLE “TROOPS WITHDRAWAL”: PENTAGON PLANS TO KEEP SPECIAL FORCES IN SYRIA, 12/22/2018

Homepage | Forums | Topics In Depth | Foreign Affairs | US-STYLE “TROOPS WITHDRAWAL”: PENTAGON PLANS TO KEEP SPECIAL FORCES IN SYRIA, 12/22/2018

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Laadeedaa
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 92

How is this BS even legal? 

The Pentagon is planning to use small units of Special Forces to carry out missions against ISIS inside Syria after withdrawing its troops from the country, the New York Times reported on December 22, citing U.S. officials.

It remains unclear if Trump would approve these plans, especially that the cost of operations in Syria and the high pressure from Turkey, were among the key reasons that pushed him towards pulling the plug on military presence in Syria. The Pentagon’s new plans don’t address any of these problems.

MORE:

US-Style “Troops Withdrawal”: Pentagon Plans To Keep Special Forces In Syria

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 17,255

When was that? 2014 or 2015, I think.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

Show me a man that gets rich by being a politician, and I'll show you a crook.--Harry Truman

N2Doc
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,312

We have the power to do so, therefore we have the right. Very Roman Empire of us.

I wonder though what will happen if some of these units get bombed or otherwise blown up by Syrian Army or Russian Units? Will we send more missiles to blow up things over there?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.