Voting (& democracy) in the USA is a total scam
Voter turnout in 41 democratic countries is far far better than the USA’s . Our voter turnout for general elections is ~55% and for off-year elections is ~40% (1960-1995). See the link for good analysis for why there’s such variance between countries, reasons range from compulsory voter laws to a feeling that voting doesn’t matter.
My belief — hardly unique ! — is that if we can take a number of actions to resolve this problem, then the chances of progressive victories are that much greater, beginning right away in 2018.
- Create “shadow registrars” in every state to monitor all changes in state voting rolls
- Require automatic “voter registration” as a consequence of other citizen contacts
- Educate the MSM about civic responsibilities and the virtues of mailed paper ballots
- Encourage & support open-source public voting software
- Legally and permanently ban non-integral voting software 
- Legally prevent reporting any results in any state prior to the close of voting in all states
Personally I’ve always supported compulsory voting, but its the entire system that needs to be reformed. A just election depends on who COUNTS the vote not just who gets to vote.
My belief that we must unceasingly and deliberately use the tools of democracy — free speech, protests, petitions, lawsuits — to fix the terrible state of our democracy.
 Integral software uses integers to record/sum votes. Non-integral software uses decimals to record/sum votes; using decimals is the key (sine quibus non) technical loophole that permits the silent vote shifting between candidates which is clearly happeningOzoneTom, Two way street, 7wo7rees and 5 othersHaikugal, arendt, twenty, ThouArtThat, Peace Patriot like thisJ ! Justice, Democrats, Justice ! P ! Primary the Corporatists ! R ! Roosevelt’s 2nd Bill of Rights !
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.