- Main Forums
- Latest Thread
Latest Breaking News
This forum is for late breaking news from within the last 48 hours. No op-eds or analysis pieces. The actual headline must be used as the topic title. Please check for duplicates before posting. The same story from different sources is not permissible. All posts not meeting these guidelines will be moved or deleted.
- Porn star says Stormy Daniels telling the truth about alleged Trump threat
- 2018 Elections
- Fearing Chaos, National Democrats Plunge Into Midterm Primary Fights
- All Things Bernie/Our Revolution
- Sanders Rips ‘Conservative Democrats’ Who Attacked His Remarks About Obama
- Universal Healthcare/Medicare For All
- IF YOU WANT SINGLE PAYER FOR ALL YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO START MAKING THE MEDIA
- DNC/Third-way/Leaks/Crimes & Misdemeanors
- Trump campaign adviser brought alleged Clinton emails from ‘dark web’ to FBI
JPR The Voice of Poverty and Disability
A group for our forgotten class. Personal stories, information and ideas for survival as well as fighting back.
- Not sure I can keep taking it.
People’s Summit 2017
Registration starts Saturday, April 15th. The Summit is held in Chicago from June 9th through the 11th
- Larry Cohen is SO cool
- Latest Breaking News
- JackpineRadical Rooms
- Latest Thread
Daily Posts by JackpineRadicals
Daily Trivia, Daily Toons, anything else that JackpineRadicals want to post daily
- This picture at SV
The Wizard Room
All about what ever our own Steve, the Wizard of OS, wants
- Bill Press reflects on Clinton, Sanders and a life in politics
- Daily Posts by JackpineRadicals
- Topics in Depth
- Latest Thread
Moving Progressive Goals and Values Forward. For JackpineRadicals Out In The Street.
- Activists occupy Apple retail stores across France
Public education is under attack in this country. This is a group for the discussion of all stages of education from K–12 through post-graduate training, to share knowledge about successes and failures, and to discuss strategies for defending our schools, colleges and universities from the trend towards privatization and its accompanying corporate ideology.
- More Than 1/3 of College Students Struggle with Food and Housing Insecurity
Radical Philosophy is for exactly what it sounds like. Thank id-entity
- The BCCI Cover Up (banking)
- Latest Thread
A Readers & Writers Menagerie
This is a group for those who love to read and love to write. Let’s discuss favorite books – and the process of writing them. Books on Audible…on CD. Books waiting to be written – songs – lyrics. Let’s mine the creative process of the use of words.
- Sherman Alexie added to list of those accused of sexual harassment
This group is a place that provides opportunities for people of all faiths, spiritual leanings and non-belief to discuss religious topics and events in a positive and civil manner, with an emphasis on tolerance.
- Enjoy This Video of Morehead State Students Playing “Street Preacher Bingo”
This is a group to post and discuss topics specific to Canada. Everyone is welcome here, Canucks are a friendly bunch.
- Selling Hydro was Kathleen Wynne’s inextinguishable sin
Cannabis on JPR
This group can discuss all things related to cannabis. Legalization, Cultivation, and Participation.
- Does weed give you energy? Focus?
Car-Free Living and New Urbanism
Successor to the Public Transportation & Smart Growth group. The new name is designed to include cyclists and pedestrians as well as mass transit users/enthusiasts. Also, the slightly dated phrase ”Smart Growth” has been replaced by the more contemporary ”New Urbanism”.
- Elon Musk’s “Innovations” are Not the Future — They’re Delaying It
Computers and Technology
Welcome to JPR’s Computer and Tech center
- Bitcoin mining leads to an unexpected GPU gold rush
Creative Speculation (formerly EC)
This group and its subgroups are for issues that: 1. are highly-charged, and 2. there are two or more sides to the story, and all sides will not likely come to agreement in the near future Basically, if you're posting on JPR about any topic that has a subgroup here, that post should go here, unless it's legitimately Latest Breaking News. The main difference between these groups and other groups/forums, is that we're waiving the rule that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You can quote some guy on a blog as proof, and it'll be up to your fellow JPR netizens to accept it or push back. Also, posts in this group may not go to JPR's homepage. One rule that definitely does apply is to not accuse people, particularly non-public figures, of serious crimes unless there is some seriously-good evidence. E.G., if you need to accuse someone of molesting children because of the combination of "code words" they used in an email, we'll all be happier if you do that somewhere else, JPR's management as a whole takes no position on any issue here, although some of us may wade in representing only ourselves. That does not mean that you can use doctored photos, print or video. Any intentional use of fabrication will be removed and the poster may be banned. No Pizzagate. Take it elsewhere. All other rules at JackpineRadicals apply. Most importantly, no personal attacks and no hate sites
- Hollywood Promoting Syrian War
I am starting this group for people to post regarding the election fraud that occurred in the 2016 Arizona Presidential Preference Primary. There have been many posts in several locations and I just would like this to be the place for this group to place their focus, posts and resources.
- George Will: There’s no good reason to stop felons from voting
Post reviews of books that you would like to recommend, original or linked to other reviewers.
- The Paradise Papers
Health Groups –
All groups that deal with any and all types of health issues
- Lung cancer
Hobby Groups –
Includes photography, gardening, cooking, ECT. All groups that are normally considered a hobby and don't fit in with political groups (you're more than welcome to ask that your group be added or removed from this grouping)
- CC’s Wildlife and Scenery Photography Group (160, 778),
- Cycling (25, 124),
- DIY & Home Improvement (35, 328),
- Jackpine Radical Cooking (752, 2,184),
- Jackpine Radical Gardening (92, 554),
- JPR Gaming (77, 248),
- JPR Photography (236, 886),
- Movies, Television, Streaming (257, 1,050),
- Wheels, wheels and more wheels! (79, 363)
- What's for Dinner, Mon., Apr. 23, 2018
A place for Seniors to share information relevant to those who fit into this category or have friends and family who might benefit from our information and conversation.
- America's reluctant septuagenarian workforce
A group where we celebrate our companion animals. Any animal you like, we like. Welcome one and all.
- Dog Fight: Dog rescuers, flush with donations, buy animals from the breeders the
Labor for Bernie
Six national unions and 107 state and local union bodies endorsed Bernie. ‘Labor for Bernie’ is intending to fight on. This JPR Labor group welcomes ideas and debate on how unions can participate in the Revolution, promote progressive policies and influence the coming presidential, congressional and local elections.
- AFL-CIO Wishy Washy on Support at Convention
Lone Nerd History Group
Created for the discussion of history – mostly English history until the Glorious Revolution and all with (or without) a Samuel Pepys obsession. Credit for the idea to JPR’er dorkzilla!
- question re PBS butchery of BBC Two Civilizations
Music Groups –
Sooth a savage breast (or two)
- Classical Music (102, 194),
- Country Music (247, 259),
- Electronic Music (119, 116),
- Hip Hop and R&B (166, 139),
- International Music Group (124, 82),
- Jazz Music (138, 258),
- JPR Guitars (82, 186),
- Punk & Metal Music (259, 264),
- Rock & Roll-ish (992, 1,637),
- The Totally Random Evening Full Album Listening Group (277, 455),
- Traditional Music (93, 103)
- You Need a Ride to Raleigh. Nantucket.
- A Readers & Writers Menagerie