- Main Forums
- Latest Thread
Latest Breaking News
This forum is for late breaking news from within the last 48 hours. No op-eds or analysis pieces. The actual headline must be used as the topic title. Please check for duplicates before posting. The same story from different sources is not permissible. All posts not meeting these guidelines will be moved or deleted.
- Germany elections: Preliminary coalition talks collapse after FDP walks out
- All Things Bernie/Our Revolution
- TRN – Bernie: “If I Run in 2020.. It Would Be Within The Democratic Party”
- Universal Healthcare/Medicare For All
- Media responded to Bernie Sanders’ hospital tour of Canada with predictable–
- DNC/Third-way/Leaks/Crimes & Misdemeanors
- TJDS – Nancy Pelosi Ignores Rigging Of Primaries – Focuses On $
JPR The Voice of Poverty and Disability
A group for our forgotten class. Personal stories, information and ideas for survival as well as fighting back.
- SEXUAL HARRASSMENT DISPROPORTIONATELY AFFECTS LOW WAGE WOMEN
People’s Summit 2017
Registration starts Saturday, April 15th. The Summit is held in Chicago from June 9th through the 11th
- Larry Cohen is SO cool
- Latest Breaking News
- JackpineRadical Rooms
- Latest Thread
Daily Posts by JackpineRadicals
Daily Trivia, Daily Toons, anything else that JackpineRadicals want to post daily
- Daily Squee – Weekend Edition
The Wizard Room
All about what ever our own Steve, the Wizard of OS, wants
- Jeff Koterba's Nov. 17 cartoon: The little train that might
- Daily Posts by JackpineRadicals
- Topics in Depth
- Latest Thread
Moving Progressive Goals and Values Forward. For JackpineRadicals Out In The Street.
- Represent.us: Unrig the System Summit! Nina Turner, Cenk Uygur, Trevor Potter ++
Public education is under attack in this country. This is a group for the discussion of all stages of education from K–12 through post-graduate training, to share knowledge about successes and failures, and to discuss strategies for defending our schools, colleges and universities from the trend towards privatization and its accompanying corporate ideology.
- Taibbi: The Great College Loan Swindle
Radical Philosophy is for exactly what it sounds like. Thank id-entity
- Question to Kim Dotcome
- Latest Thread
A Humor Group
A place to get a laugh, and/or share a laugh with other JPRers
- Noah's Ark- The Aftermath
A Readers & Writers Menagerie
This is a group for those who love to read and love to write. Let’s discuss favorite books – and the process of writing them. Books on Audible…on CD. Books waiting to be written – songs – lyrics. Let’s mine the creative process of the use of words.
- Pls read 'Don't Think of an Elephant!'
This group is a place that provides opportunities for people of all faiths, spiritual leanings and non-belief to discuss religious topics and events in a positive and civil manner, with an emphasis on tolerance.
- Freethought of the Day – Weekend
This is a group to post and discuss topics specific to Canada. Everyone is welcome here, Canucks are a friendly bunch.
- Canada needs more Jeremy Corbyn, less Justin Trudeau
Cannabis on JPR
This group can discuss all things related to cannabis. Legalization, Cultivation, and Participation.
- A Devastating Ruling In Arizona Just Made Cannabis Extracts Illegal
Car-Free Living and New Urbanism
Successor to the Public Transportation & Smart Growth group. The new name is designed to include cyclists and pedestrians as well as mass transit users/enthusiasts. Also, the slightly dated phrase ”Smart Growth” has been replaced by the more contemporary ”New Urbanism”.
- BIOPHILIC DESIGN -Improving Health & Well-Being in the Built Environment
Computers and Technology
Welcome to JPR’s Computer and Tech center
- Windows 8 and Later Fail to Properly Apply ASLR, Here's How to Fix
Creative Speculation (formerly EC)
This group and its subgroups are for issues that: 1. are highly-charged, and 2. there are two or more sides to the story, and all sides will not likely come to agreement in the near future Basically, if you're posting on JPR about any topic that has a subgroup here, that post should go here, unless it's legitimately Latest Breaking News. The main difference between these groups and other groups/forums, is that we're waiving the rule that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You can quote some guy on a blog as proof, and it'll be up to your fellow JPR netizens to accept it or push back. Also, posts in this group may not go to JPR's homepage. One rule that definitely does apply is to not accuse people, particularly non-public figures, of serious crimes unless there is some seriously-good evidence. E.G., if you need to accuse someone of molesting children because of the combination of "code words" they used in an email, we'll all be happier if you do that somewhere else, JPR's management as a whole takes no position on any issue here, although some of us may wade in representing only ourselves. That does not mean that you can use doctored photos, print or video. Any intentional use of fabrication will be removed and the poster may be banned. No Pizzagate. Take it elsewhere. All other rules at JackpineRadicals apply. Most importantly, no personal attacks and no hate sites
- My take on the JFK assassination
I am starting this group for people to post regarding the election fraud that occurred in the 2016 Arizona Presidential Preference Primary. There have been many posts in several locations and I just would like this to be the place for this group to place their focus, posts and resources.
- Charles Pierce: Lawsuit Against Trump's Kangaroo Voting Commission
Post reviews of books that you would like to recommend, original or linked to other reviewers.
- Wheat Belly by William Davis, MD
Health Groups –
All groups that deal with any and all types of health issues
- Gut microbes influence decision-making! Interesting read!
Hobby Groups –
Includes photography, gardening, cooking, ECT. All groups that are normally considered a hobby and don't fit in with political groups (you're more than welcome to ask that your group be added or removed from this grouping)
- CC’s Wildlife and Scenery Photography Group (155, 747),
- Cycling (24, 120),
- DIY & Home Improvement (32, 309),
- Jackpine Radical Cooking (607, 2,023),
- Jackpine Radical Gardening (81, 519),
- JPR Gaming (73, 247),
- JPR Photography (187, 699),
- Movies, Television, Streaming (218, 945),
- Wheels, wheels and more wheels! (68, 334)
- "Masking" in photo editing.
A place for Seniors to share information relevant to those who fit into this category or have friends and family who might benefit from our information and conversation.
- Since we all probably knew a Hippie or two.
A group where we celebrate our companion animals. Any animal you like, we like. Welcome one and all.
- Cat and bird–toy, friend or food?
Labor for Bernie
Six national unions and 107 state and local union bodies endorsed Bernie. ‘Labor for Bernie’ is intending to fight on. This JPR Labor group welcomes ideas and debate on how unions can participate in the Revolution, promote progressive policies and influence the coming presidential, congressional and local elections.
- AFL-CIO Wishy Washy on Support at Convention
Lone Nerd History Group
Created for the discussion of history – mostly English history until the Glorious Revolution and all with (or without) a Samuel Pepys obsession. Credit for the idea to JPR’er dorkzilla!
- Casualties of the U.S. Led 2011 Libya Invasion
Music Groups –
Sooth a savage breast (or two)
- Classical Music (99, 192),
- Country Music (232, 242),
- Electronic Music (117, 116),
- Hip Hop and R&B (155, 136),
- International Music Group (122, 82),
- Jazz Music (131, 253),
- JPR Guitars (82, 186),
- Punk & Metal Music (234, 246),
- Rock & Roll-ish (763, 1,162),
- The Totally Random Evening Full Album Listening Group (266, 446),
- Traditional Music (89, 103)
- Mel Tillis – Ruby Don't Take Your Love To Town
For political humor
- RT America A Foreign Agent, Tax Deductible Sexual Abuse, & More
- A Humor Group