A Humor Group

Home A Humor Group

Rum & Coke…

• Sunflower (519 posts)
    Profile photo of Sunflower Donor

Rum & Coke…

Rum & Coke….

A Baptist minister was seated next to a Newfie on a flight to St. John’s.  After the plane was airborne, drink orders were taken.  The Newfie asked for Rum & Coke, which was brought and placed before him.

The flight attendant then asked the minister if he would like a drink.  He replied in disgust…..

“I’d rather be savagely raped by a dozen whores than let liquor touch my lips.”

The Newfie then handed his drink back to the attendant and said, “Me too my dear, I didn’t know we had a choice.”

beemerphill, newsjunkie, txgrandpa and 7 othersem77, Deadpool, PADemD, LiberalElite, donDonE, ConcernedCanuk, pinduck like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• OrwellwasRight (69 posts)
    Profile photo of OrwellwasRight

1. What's a Newfie?

:shrug:

“Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.” - Louis D. Brandeis
    • ConcernedCanuk (871 posts)
      Profile photo of ConcernedCanuk Donor

2. ever heard of Google? Wikipedia?

anyways . . . 

Newfie is a colloquial term used in Canada for someone who is from Newfoundland, most often as a slur to refer to someone foolish or proud from that place. The word was first recorded in a 1942 dictionary of slang. Wikipedia”

Newfies are an adorable group – they tell the BEST newfie jokes ever . . . . 

I worked with a bunch of them on the railroad in the 90’s – their sense of humor is neverending . . .

:hi:

CC

Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?
      • OrwellwasRight (69 posts)
        Profile photo of OrwellwasRight

3. See, if I had looked it up on teh googles,

I would never have gotten your personal spin on the Newfies.  Sometimes I figure I gotta use the discussion boards to foster discussion and save the “Here, let me Google it for you” for my lazy bosses and co-workers . . .  :hi:

“Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done.” - Louis D. Brandeis