• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

A Humor Group

Home A Humor Group

When my son was five –

• The Crone (3065 posts)
    Profile photo of The Crone Donor

When my son was five –

His grandmother taught him how to read a thermometer. The old fashioned mercury kind.

We had an aquarium, and one hot summer’s day, he came into my study to alert me to the problem:
    “Mom, the thermometer in the fish tank is at 90 degrees. It’s really hot. The fish will die.”

Before I could even contemplate on how to help him save the fish, he smiled. “But ya know what? I just figured it out. The fan tail guppy can turn on her fan, and that will save them!”

Later on that day, I never had the heart to tell him how the fish survived. They made it through the heat wave okay cuz I did what my mom had done on such occasions: I put bits of shaved ice in the water until it cooled down.

em77, Sadie, RadicleFantast and 5 othersPADemD, nenagh, Lynetta, DesertRat2015, aspirant like this
    "Let us not seek the Republican answer nor the Democratic answer but the right answer." John F. Kennedy   America is the only country that has real   lemons in its furniture polish, and artificial lemon flavoring  in its lemonade!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
    Profile photo of FanBoy

1. sweet story — did he keep believing it was the guppys fan that saved the day?

• oldandhappy (3208 posts)
    Profile photo of oldandhappy Donor

2. sweet

So much love.  He cared for the fish, you cared for him and the fish.  Thanks.

• HIP56948 (2303 posts)
    Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

3. What! You mean that that fan-tail-guppy doesn't really cool the water.?