• New Registration

To become a member of JackpineRadicals please see post https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/new-members/

A Readers & Writers Menagerie

Home A Readers & Writers Menagerie

Let's noun!

• Gryneos (2079 posts)
    Profile photo of Gryneos Donor

Let's noun!

:P

Enthusiast, valerief, FanBoy and 2 othersKauaiK, Doremus Jessup like this
    "That's Jeff Vader, that is."__"I am not Jeff Vader, I am Darth Vader."__"What, Jeff Vader runs the Deathstar?"__"No, Jeff… No, I run the Deathstar."__"You Jeff Vader?"__"No, I'm Darth Vader!"__"Are you his brother? Can you get his autograph?"__"I can't get it… No, I'm… All right, I'm Jeff Vader! I'm Jeff Vader!"__"Can I have your autograph?"__"No, fuck off, or I'll kill you with a tray! Give me penne a la arabiata or you shall die. And you, and everyone in this canteen! Death by tray it shall be!" Eddie Izzard, Circle

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
16 replies
  • ASimpleGame (939 posts)
    Profile photo of ASimpleGame

1. It often seems to me that many people, even on JPR, have voluntarily given up

on using many verbs, nouns, adjectives, and adverbs and replaced them with four letter words that mostly begin with f and end with k.

• Gryneos (2079 posts)

2. I don't begrudge vulgarity

as I see that as reality. One reason I posted this was because it was hilarious. The other reason was due to how American society seems content to turn grammar inside-out because it’s hip and cool.

The only example that comes to mind, even though I love the channel, is TCM’s “Let’s Movie.”

No, “Let’s watch movies.” It’s still a short sentence and still catchy ;)

"That's Jeff Vader, that is."__"I am not Jeff Vader, I am Darth Vader."__"What, Jeff Vader runs the Deathstar?"__"No, Jeff… No, I run the Deathstar."__"You Jeff Vader?"__"No, I'm Darth Vader!"__"Are you his brother? Can you get his autograph?"__"I can't get it… No, I'm… All right, I'm Jeff Vader! I'm Jeff Vader!"__"Can I have your autograph?"__"No, fuck off, or I'll kill you with a tray! Give me penne a la arabiata or you shall die. And you, and everyone in this canteen! Death by tray it shall be!" Eddie Izzard, Circle
      • FanBoy (7983 posts)
        Profile photo of FanBoy

3. japanese influence

• Gryneos (2079 posts)

4. Okay.

And that means…? In other words, details, please ;)

• FanBoy (7983 posts)
            Profile photo of FanBoy

5. just an offhand comment because of "japalish" — where it's not uncommon to

see things like “Let’s sushi!” on packaging, etc.

• Enthusiast (11116 posts)
        Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

10. I have embraced vulgarity.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat, 1848
        • Gryneos (2079 posts)

11. Are you married yet?

12. Soon to be 45 years.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat, 1848
            • Gryneos (2079 posts)

13. Any vulgarettes?

i.e., “fucking kids!”

14. Just one.

• valerief (694 posts)
      Profile photo of valerief Donor

6. Aw, don't be such a fink! nt

traveling pigeon[Votes: if they're not worth counting twice, they're not worth counting at all.] [Everything is fiction.]
      • Gryneos (2079 posts)

7. U verbs?

I no verbs.

• valerief (694 posts)

8. Let's Verb!

traveling pigeon[Votes: if they're not worth counting twice, they're not worth counting at all.] [Everything is fiction.]
          • Gryneos (2079 posts)

9. Another appropriate name for a jazz label!

• valerief (694 posts)

15. Ha! Let's Verb and Reverb!

:rofl:

• Gryneos (2079 posts)

16. My word!

:rofl:

:thumbs: