Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Chris Hayes runs off the rails.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 5,574

Madison Cawthorn is a Christian goofball congressman from North Carolina. No surprise so far, right. The words “Christian” and “goofball” and “North Carolina” are often found in the same sentence. Cathorn’s hobby seems to be trying to convert Muslimas and Jews to Christianity, and he commented that he has more success with Muslims than he does with Jews. Chris Hayes finds this deeply, seriously, horribly anti-semitic. We would be so much better off if religious people went somewhere and kept quiet. If Cawthorn wants to convert Jews and Muslims, let him do it without comment. Don’t give obviously unstable media personalities like Chris Hayes any excuse to stir up religious trouble. If the Christians won’t shut up, then the media should. Do we really care if someone of one religion says inconsiderate things about someone of a different religion? All over the world, people routinely kill each other for following the wrong god, or even the wrong spokesperson of the right god. The objection to Cawthorn and people like him is not that they say the wrong thing, but that they say anything in the first place. Freedom of religion means you are free to keep your grubby little Jesus fingers out of my government.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/chris-hayes-gleefully-slanders-christian-congressman-as-an-anti-semite/ar-BB1b5ybi?ocid=msedgdhp

N2Doc
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,843
      GZeusH
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,332

…meant being free from it.

Lord knows I gave up religion a long time ago.  I can’t remember when someone left me a burnt offering at a temple.

Red Cloud
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1,529

You know we terrestrials have a fighting chance.

retired liberal
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,484

The also believe that the government has to stay the Hell out of their religion, but they can interfere all they want in government, regardless of anyone else’s religion, if any…

So we have packed, maskless church services during the holidays, people running around, without masks because the government can’t force people to wear masks because of FREEDOM!!!11!
      People with enough common sense to wear masks and social distance, being contaminated, getting sick and even dying, because the religious (& the Trumpsters) are running around maskless and bumping into others, because Jesus will protect them because they believe and many masked up people do not believe and therefore need to be punished.
      And yet their god is so impotent, s/he can’t seem to do his own dirty work, or even show up himself and tell us what he really wants. Even if god did show up,  they would not listen. The good Christians would kill him all over again, as they have many other good, high profile people that tried to help the disadvantaged.

We are an arrogant species, believing our fantasy based "facts" are better than the other person's fake facts.
      If you are wrong, it will be because you are not cynical enough.
      Both major political parties are special interest groups enabling each other for power and money, at the expense of the people they no longer properly serve…
      Always wear a proper mask when out and about. The life you save could be both yours and mine.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.