Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Jesus is white.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,017

Once again, church authorities are considering the idea of portraying Jesus as more of a mid-eastern guy. No, no, and definitely no. Jesus is white. He was invented by white people, for white people, as a white example for white people to follow. When they needed to send men off to die in the Crusades, their poster boy was blond haired and blue eyed. I’m pretty sure every society since we crawled out of the primordial ooze has invented a deity that looks like themselves. There are a few exceptions. Many of the polytheistic religions have animals as gods. Dragon gods and monster gods are pretty good for scaring people into falling in line. But Jesus is supposed to persuade his followers to be like him, and that means he has to look like them. This is why I find it hard to understand the black fundamentalists in the southern US; they have made little effort to darken Jesus, but artifacts of slavery and all that. The idea of making Jesus historically accurate is almost laughable. If you read his disciples’ accounts of what he said and what he did, even after some heavy editing, there are glaring inconsistencies. If the faithful can reconcile all the internal contradictions, as well as the enormous contradictions between scripture and science, then they should not be bothered by the idea that Jesus looks like a guy from Iceland who lost his SPF-50. Faith is called “faith” because it requires suspending disbelief. You have to believe it because you choose to believe, and for no other reason. If you believe God has three distinct personalities, one of whom is his son who was born to a virgin and intentionally tortured to death, it’s not a stretch to believe he’s a white guy. But the skin color thing is a question Christians probably feel comfortable debating, instead of confronting more serious stuff.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/archbishop-of-canterbury-says-portrayal-of-jesus-as-white-should-be-reconsidered-in-light-of-black-lives-matter-protests/ar-BB161PZl?ocid=msedgdhp

alcina
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 641

"I believe man suffers from an appalling ignorance of his own nature." -William Golding, Lord of the Flies

JonLP
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,316
      3fingerbrown
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 2,788

If one even believes there ever was a “Jesus”.

All governments lie to their citizen's, but only Americans believe theirs.

A Simple Game
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 836

God is white and so was Mary, why would anyone think Jesus would be different.

In case you were wondering, former Catholic here so I whole-heartedly believe that Joseph had nothing to do with Jesus genes because of immaculate conception.

Oops, gotta go, the fairy’s at the door with my weekly delivery of fairy dust.

N2Doc
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 8,002
      Satan
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,428

Just for the record though, I’m still Red!

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". - John F. Kennedy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.