Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Testing your faith in Jesus.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 4,017

The right wing churches are refusing to curtail their services, insisting they need to get together on Sunday morning to give each other the corona virus. But wait! Jeebus will guard them. They have Bible verses that say so. These people should get together with the reckless young people who insist on going to Florida for spring break so they can drink, take drugs and have sex with strangers. The sense of entitlement spans age, political orientation, etc. Not enough people acknowledge an obligation to curtail their activities to help their fellow Americans. “I’m not letting the gummit run my life!” Hell no, Billy Bob! You just hop in yer pick-em-up truck and spread that goddamn virus around. It’s yer constueshnal right. Jeebus will protect you.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coronavirus-deniers-and-hoaxers-persist-despite-dire-warnings-claiming-it-s-mass-hysteria/ar-BB11qnrT?ocid=msedgdhp

ThouArtThat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,624

@hasslecat

Hi hc,

Yep – this could be a blessing in disguise – might be a good thing.

TAT

Rights aren't rights if someone can take them away. They're privileges.
      That's all we've ever had in this country, is a bill of temporary privileges.

- George Carlin

Sooner or later we all sit down to a banquet of consequences.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Politics is the entertainment division of the Military Industrial Complex.

- Frank Zappa

A Simple Game
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 836

that South Korean church how that worked out for them.

lownslow
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 499

A silver lining indeed. The first death here in ok was a pentacostal preacher from tulsa. I bet he was hugging, shaking folks hands to prove his ‘faith’. I take little pleasure but i do take a little. Folks around here are pretty much ignoring all safety recomendations. A culling of the herd soon, im afraid

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.