Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Wrong headline for Supreme Court decisions.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,472

The Supremes did not expand religious rights. They made it easier for the religious right to restrict the behavior of others. If your religious beliefs don’t correspond to the teachings of the Catholic Church, tough luck. The church gets to do whatever it wants in the operation of their schools, hospitals, insurance plans, and whatever else they do to make money. If I run a business, it’s illegal for me to fire you or deny you services for being a Catholic. If you are the Catholic Church, you can fire me or deny me services for not being Catholic. So I have religious rights unless I’m up against a church, in which case I’m living in a Monty Python sketch. “NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Surprise! That’s our chief weapon…”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/supreme-court-expands-religious-rights-with-trio-of-rulings/ar-BB16vjYe?ocid=msedgdhp

Bluesuedeshoes
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 562

Please tell us about your cool profile photo 🙂

Greg Lapalina

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,472

Those are turtles on my swim trunks.  I’m standing at our campsite on Picnic Key in the Florida Keys. We took a three day kayak trip with a guide service February 2019. It was nice. Lots of birds, dolphins, sharks, sea turtles, raccoons, alligators, manatees. Too hot at night & lots of bugs, but worth it.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.