Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Home Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Bill Nye visited a Noah’s Ark he doesn’t believe should exist

• B Calm (752 posts)
    Profile photo of B Calm

Bill Nye visited a Noah’s Ark he doesn’t believe should exist

Bill Nye the Science Guy doesn’t believe that a gargantuan wooden boat filled with pairs of wild animals once floated across a flood that covered the entire earth. So last week, he went to visit the people who do – and the boat they built to prove it.

Nye was the first high-profile visitor to Ark Encounter, the Noah’s Ark museum that opened Thursday in Williamstown, Ky. The $100 million project was built by Answers in Genesis, a Christian ministry that believes the Bible’s story of Noah is a literal fact. For $40, visitors can step into a 510-foot-long ship filled with exhibits on Noah (the ministry says he lived to be 950 years old), his animals (about 7,000 on board) and the year-long flood (which ended with a rainbow).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2016/07/10/bill-nye-visited-a-noahs-ark-he-doesnt-believe-should-exist/

Pastiche, MRM1024, Greenradical and 4 othersbroiles, djean111, Fasttense, Haikugal like this
    “When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders    

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.