• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Home Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Creationist Ken Ham Just Lowered Attendance Estimates for the First Year of Ark

• Deadpool (8687 posts)
    Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

Creationist Ken Ham Just Lowered Attendance Estimates for the First Year of Ark

(FriendlyAtheist)
    By Hemant Mehta 

In 2014, Creationist Ken Ham said this about estimated attendance at Ark Encounter, his Noah’s Ark theme park which had not yet opened: … the full-size Noah’s Ark, when it opens in 2016, is estimated to attract up to 2 million visitors a year.

…For a while now, we’ve been wondering what the attendance numbers actually are. We never received specific numbers, but drones in the parking lot have showed a lot of empty spaces relative to the capacity, even in the middle of the day.

Now we have some specifics. WLWT TV in Cincinnati ran a puff piece on Ark Encounter and quoted some actual attendance numbers, along with Ham’s estimate for the first year… and wouldn’t you know it? Ham’s projections are much lower today.

Just since July 7 [when the Ark opened], the number of people who have visited the Ark is about the same as the population of Cincinnati — around 300,000. And [they] are projecting about 1.4 million for the year

Read More: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/09/16/creationist-ken-ham-just-lowered-attendance-estimates-for-the-first-year-of-ark-encounter

Pastiche, MRM1024, Haikugal and 2 othersMad to the Marrow, Doremus Jessup like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Cassiopeia (1951 posts)
    Profile photo of Cassiopeia

1. I'm guessing even those numbers are

rather optimistic.

The only minority we should actually fear is the wealthiest 1%
    • Deadpool (8687 posts)
      Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

2. Most likely on the high side…

From the comment section:

Attention: Hemant mehta I pass ark park all the
      time going to town no way 4,000 – 7,000 a day visiting! Everyone in
      town knows it an EPIC failure & waste of money just none of them
      want to say it out-loud! Put it in prospective for you, Not even a stop
      light or stop sign for traffic going into Ark Park!!!! If 4,000 to 7000
      people visiting a day don’t you think at-least you would need one stop
      sign to control the traffic????? Are they taking into account from
      pictures of empty parking lot, half those cars are also employees. why
      isn’t anyone asking for proof on how many jobs actually created as well ,
      that’s a joke too? Ask how many employees are from Grant County &
      how many are from his specific ministry?
      p.s. Also 1st week it opened
      state had couple of police officers right off I 75 exit ramps going to
      ark encounter and sign warning driver on I 75 of possible backup due to
      open of the ark after a week those police officers where gone? Why? was
      no need for them, never any backup of traffic going to ark encounter not seeing large numbers the were anticipating

• Doremus Jessup (2223 posts)
    Profile photo of Doremus Jessup Donor

3. They are counting the entire population of Covington, Kentucky in that figure.

There are about 400 churches in that town. I stay on that side of the river when I go to a weekend Cardinals-Reds series in a fleabag hotel. Been going there yearly, usually a couple of times, since 92′. I have one friend who goes who almost passes out every time walks over the bridge because it moves while your walking on it. Freaks him out to a panic attack. He claims to be a believer so I tell him to look at all the steeples and walk backwards, his creator has his back. We usually have between 8 and 12 people that go on the short road trip. I think it’s nuts that the state put money into the museum for fundies. It is Kentucky though. How do you know the difference between a republican and a democrat in Kentucky? The republican has two cars on blocks in the front yard.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity. End ALL occupations and bring the troops home.
  • Mad to the Marrow (615 posts)
    Profile photo of Mad to the Marrow Donor

4. Ha. Ha.

It would be even funnier if many tax dollars hadn’t gone into that scam.