• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Home Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

New study finds ¼ of Americans are Nonreligious.

• Haikugal (5328 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

New study finds ¼ of Americans are Nonreligious.

BREAKING: The nonreligious are now the largest religious demographic in the country.
    “This is a wake-up call to lawmakers and politicians across the country. The rapid growth of the nonreligious is among the most drastic and consequential changes to the American political landscape in recent history. It is time for both political parties to take notice of this trend and rewrite their playbooks.” -Larry T. Decker, Executive Director of the Secular Coalition for America

http://www.secularvaluesvoter.org/2016/09/22/new-study-finds-one-quarter-of-americans-have-no-religion/

Grey, Pastiche, eridani and 13 othersIdaho progressive, Bad Tina, lawal, Rod Beauvex, broiles, no retreat no surrender, MRM1024, xynthee, Paulie, snot, Deadpool, davidgmills, AnneD like this
      Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
6 replies
  • GZeusH (1703 posts)
    Profile photo of GZeusH

1. Praise Jesus, let it rise.

Policy:  The mistaken notion that bossy people have that they can influence other people's behavior through majority rule.
  • Deadpool (8729 posts)
    Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

2. The largest jump is seen in the youngest age group…

This is a big deal. If 39% of people under 30 are non-religious (and they remain that way in the future), it suggests that Nones will dominate the landscape in a generation.

• Haikugal (5328 posts)
      Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

3. Very, very good news! I like this trend…

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
  • MRM1024 (235 posts)
    Profile photo of MRM1024

4. It is always good to hear when people are waking up.

Let’s keep it going!

• Rod Beauvex (296 posts)
    Profile photo of Rod Beauvex

5. Sadly though….

As an atheist, I can’t hope the bad people people rot in hell.

Speaking of hell, has anyone seen Satan lately?

• misanthroptimist (658 posts)
    Profile photo of misanthroptimist

6. My, how things have changed!

When I became an atheist in the late 1970s, I was the only atheist that I personally knew. I didn’t meet another atheist for ~five years. I suspect that I knew some others, but they were laying low. Now, atheism is rather mundane. And that’s a good thing, imo.

"We watched the tragedy unfold; We did as we were told; We bought and sold; It was the greatest show on Earth; But then it's over" -Roger Waters, Amused to Death