Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Home Atheist/Humanist/Non-Religious

Youth Pastor Rapes, Church Expects Girl to Apologize

• Deadpool (7097 posts)
    Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

Youth Pastor Rapes, Church Expects Girl to Apologize

(AtheistRepublic)
    By Dean Lawrence

…The girl said she came to church looking for spiritual guidance and that she looked up to Brian Mitchell, whom she saw as a mentor. He started texting her more frequently and talking about more personal things. Then he sexually abused her at least twice…

…After Mitchell was arrested and convicted for repeatedly raping the girl, leaders at the Columbia Road Baptist Church—where Mitchell and the teen were members—forbade the family of the teen victim from attending services again until the unnamed girl apologized to Mitchell’s wife.

Read complete article: http://www.atheistrepublic.com/news/youth-pastor-rapes-church-expects-girl-apologize

Haikugal, Atticus Fox1, eridani and 7 othersPastiche, MRM1024, Mad to the Marrow, LiberalElite, Babel 17, azurnoir, Billy like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
7 replies
  • Cassiopeia (1539 posts)
    Profile photo of Cassiopeia

1. If I were her father I would go apologize

I would apologize so thoroughly and emotionally over and over again.  It would take the rest of the congregation and a team of horses to get me to stop apologizing.

“Instead of them doing an investigation on and discovering how in the FUCK the most qualified candidate for President ever lost to a game show host, They’re gonna do this shit instead.”  JDS ("this shit" is blaming everything and everyone except herself)
    • Deadpool (7097 posts)
      Profile photo of Deadpool Admin

2. I'd tell the pastor and church elders to stick the apology up their asses…

Then leave the church.

• HIP56948 (1781 posts)
      Profile photo of HIP56948 Donor

4. Cassiopeia, I've sized up the situation and believe you're going to need some..

…help with this apologizing. I figure when you get tired, I’ll take over for awhile.

• azurnoir (1669 posts)
    Profile photo of azurnoir Donor

3. she should apologize it could be worded something like this:

I’m sorry you married a pedophile

I’m sorry you  either did not recognize or chose to ignore  these tendencies

I’m sorry you can not place blame on the guilty person

I’m sorry you do not understand what rape is

I’m sorry your church’s brand of  ‘Christian morals’ requires that the victim apologize to an enabler

I’m sure there’s more but you get the idea

• spud demon (663 posts)
    Profile photo of spud demon Donor
    Cubs, Google+, Weird Al, BMW
    • awoke in 2003 (410 posts)
      Profile photo of awoke in 2003

7. Even when I was a believer…

youth pastors always creeped me out.

Call me Owen
  • B Calm (751 posts)
    Profile photo of B Calm

6. Christian religions believe your sins will be forgiven. That's why they sin

so much.

“When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders