Canada

Home Canada

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Appears On New Marvel Comic Book Cover

• ConcernedCanuk (814 posts)
    Profile photo of ConcernedCanuk Donor

http://time.com/4475768/canadian-prime-minister-justin-trudeau-appears-on-new-marvel-comic-book-cover/ 

In case you haven’t gotten enough of Justin Trudeau lately, there is now a way to memorialize the beloved Canadian prime minister.

Trudeau appears on the cover of a new issue of the Marvel comic book Civil War II: Choosing Sides, NPR reports. That’s right. In addition to photo bombing weddings, balancing babies and  hugging panda cubs, Trudeau is now an action hero.

Featured on the variant cover of issue No. 5, the 44-year-old prime minister is shown sitting in a boxing ring and wearing a tank top emblazoned with a maple leaf. Behind him are Puck, Sasquatch and Aurora, members of Canadian superhero team Alpha Flight, with Iron Man in the left corner, according to the Toronto Star.

/snip/

____________________________________________________________________________

There is also a short (2min) clip at the link called “Justin Trudeau’s Greatest Hits” including the naming of Canada’s first two Panda Bears.

We are so blessed to have gotten rid of that shameless Harper. Trudeau is already pulling us away from being another minion in the USA’s war-machine, and return us to our traditional role of Peacekeepers.

Go Justin!

CC

Grey, Haikugal, Lorien and 4 othersEnthusiast, Greenradical, KarenS, LiberalArkie like this
    Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Shlabotnik (481 posts)
    Profile photo of Shlabotnik Donor

1. uhhh, puke.

Ive had quite enough of the our media-whore prime minister. I agree that I’m glad Harper is gone, but this dimwit is a tool. And no,  we are not pulling away from the US war machine; why are we ratcheting up tensions with our NATO involvement in the eastern Europe?

~ All Good things are Wild and Free ~

2. I do not share your disrespect or dislike of our new Prime Minister

Alliances and obligations were made by our previous PMs Harper and Martin to the Superpower just below our border that Justin cannot just ignore.

Chretien refused flat out to join in the USA’s illegal invasion into Iraq – Martin got us in Afghanistan and Iraq, Harper accelerated it to include Libya and Syria. We completely lost our status as peacekeepers under those two.

I think most Canadians are quite proud of our new PM, young tho he may be. 

Sure he is in the news, not because he seeks it imo, but because the press follows him – and he is certainly more open and visible, quite refreshing from the last ten years or so where our PMs hid behind legislative shit.

Something worth reading, although somehow (sadly) I do not think it will make much of a difference in your personal view of our new PM.  

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/canada-returns-to-peacekeeping-tradition-plans-to-employ-600-troops/article31585520/ 

CC

Why is it when we get older, we can remember the tiniest details from our youth, but not where we put our reading glasses 30 seconds ago?
      • arikara (867 posts)
        Profile photo of arikara Donor

3. I like some of his changes, like the military peacekeeping

But I’m very concerned about his sneaking through approval on the disastrous Site C dam, and trying to ram pipelines through no matter how First Nations and the majority of the general population here feel.  If he thinks it over and does what he said he would do in his campaign, which is to consult with First Nations, and have respect for the environment I wouldn’t hesitate to vote for him.  But if he follows through with that dam and pipeline idiocy, he will surely lose major support in BC for the next election no matter what good things he did.

• alcina (276 posts)
      Profile photo of alcina Donor

4. Ditto

As I’ve said before, the product hasn’t really changed much, but the new package is so pretty!

Don’t know if you saw this article from last month’s Huffington Post, but it’s an interesting read. Eg:

The latest reinvention is also about weapons, only this time it will be more difficult to square with the heavily promoted idea that Canada is back to its peacekeeping roots. Canada is now the second biggest arms dealer when it comes to supplying that peaceful oasis known as the Middle East with high-grade weaponry. That’s right, folks, our uber-progressive prime minister, known for his feminist bona fides and yoga poses, now leads a country where arms manufacturers thrive more than ever before.

Because nothing says Namaste quite like dead civilians killed by Canadian weapons.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/james-di-fiore/justin-trudeau-transparency_b_11594200.html

5. Many do not realize how much our Government is under threats/obligations to USA

We see what they do to nations that do not cooperate with their Global ambitions.

Many treaties and agreements were signed during Martin’s and Harper’s reign.

We do not have the military capability to just tell the USA to “fuck off”.

We sorta noticed what happens to countries that try that . . . 

(sigh)

CC