• update

The text box issue is fixed. You can now post just a title in replies again. Thank you Manny! Working on the rest. Thank you for your patience.

Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Another reason to vote for Prop 64

• Jan Boehmermann (3571 posts)
    Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

Another reason to vote for Prop 64

“Though most of the attention surrounding Proposition 64 centers on how the measure would make it legal for adults to consume recreational marijuana, the law would do something else: potentially reduce prison sentences and clear old criminal records related to marijuana.
    Cooper is one of more than 6,000 people serving time who could potentially have their time behind bars shortened or even go free if Prop. 64 passes on Tuesday, according to an estimate by the Drug Policy Alliance, which is funding the measure.
    Another 1 million people convicted of marijuana-related misdemeanors and felonies could petition to have their records changed or cleared,  the nonprofit organization estimates. That would give them wider access to jobs, housing and other services that are currently out of reach.
    “The criminal code changes are so profound that, even if I didn’t like other things in the initiative, I would vote for it just for that,” said Chris Conrad, a longtime marijuana activist who’s backing Prop. 64 even as many friends in the medical cannabis community remain divided over the measure.”

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/marijuana-734244-prop-drug.html

Enthusiast, shanti, Punxsutawney like this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Sadie (3068 posts)
    Profile photo of Sadie Donor

1. This is important

We are voting something similar to reduce possession from a Felony to a Misdemeanor.  I am in non-Green state.  It is most ridiculous that we have to criminalize people for cannabis.  I want to see an end to the WOD.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
  • LuckyDog (640 posts)
    Profile photo of LuckyDog

2. Jan, what story is the quote from?

?

bernie was the ONLY candidate to support legalization.