Cannabis on JPR

Biden not sure if marijuana is not a gateway drug!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      B Calm
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 822

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/11/17/biden-says-marijuana-might-be-a-gateway-drug/?fbclid=IwAR3Lgfos0NH-Ujt2van3iNpFU19l8CrBIstxCWve5bA9wx_qJv-7lrfkCSs#4a435632130d

Former Vice President Joe Biden (D) said on Saturday that he’s not sure if marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to the use of other, more dangerous substances.

“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” the 2020 presidential candidate claimed at a town hall meeting in Las Vegas. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”

That said, Biden added that while he doesn’t personally support ending cannabis prohibition, “states should be able to make a judgement to legalize marijuana.” “I think that’s OK,” he said.

Biden, who in past years has clearly said he thinks cannabis is a gateway drug and has a long record of supporting legislation to ramp up the war on drugs, was answering a voter’s question about whether his position on marijuana has changed.

NV Wino
      • Total Posts: 4,902

Maybe he should try it to be sure.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
      “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

HassleCat
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3,232

Go to one of the websites where you know Joe Biden will be defended no matter what. His acolytes are saying his “more study needed” excuse is very, very different from saying he would not legalize. You can see why Biden is sinking. His supporters are finding it more and more difficult to pretend he’s progressive, or even liberal. On the website where he was once defended unconditionally, many posters are now openly ridiculing him, apparently without being banned. This signals a shift in mainstream Democratic thinking. Originally, they had Biden picked as another Hillary Clinton, a candidate who could easily crush all primary opposition. They even invented the term “electability” to differentiate Biden from the other candidates who lacked “electability.” Now electable has turned to laughable, and even the most tenacious of his defenders are unwilling to appear stupid by defending his every gaffe and stupid statement. My personal fear is that there is enough Biden momentum within the core of the party to keep pushing him forward, perhaps even using superdelegates to nominate him at a deadlocked convention.

Jan Boehmerman
      • Total Posts: 2,999

Poor Ol’ Joe Biden isn’t sure of much of anything these days.

https://binged.it/2COUL02

Ohio Barbarian
      • Total Posts: 13,733

Big Pharma doesn’t want pot legalized. Biden takes their money, therefore he doesn’t want it legalized.

It is better to vote for what you want and not get it than to vote for what you don't want and get it.--Eugene Debs

If Democrats don’t stand for the people, why should people stand for them?--Jim Hightower

B Calm
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 822

If he is not sure, we should decriminalize weed until we know the truth!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.