Cannabis on JPR

Biden not sure if marijuana is not a gateway drug!

• Author

B Calm
    • Total Posts: 340
    @bcalm

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2019/11/17/biden-says-marijuana-might-be-a-gateway-drug/?fbclid=IwAR3Lgfos0NH-Ujt2van3iNpFU19l8CrBIstxCWve5bA9wx_qJv-7lrfkCSs#4a435632130d

Former Vice President Joe Biden (D) said on Saturday that he’s not sure if marijuana is a gateway drug that leads to the use of other, more dangerous substances.

“The truth of the matter is, there’s not nearly been enough evidence that has been acquired as to whether or not it is a gateway drug,” the 2020 presidential candidate claimed at a town hall meeting in Las Vegas. “It’s a debate, and I want a lot more before I legalize it nationally. I want to make sure we know a lot more about the science behind it.”

That said, Biden added that while he doesn’t personally support ending cannabis prohibition, “states should be able to make a judgement to legalize marijuana.” “I think that’s OK,” he said.

Biden, who in past years has clearly said he thinks cannabis is a gateway drug and has a long record of supporting legislation to ramp up the war on drugs, was answering a voter’s question about whether his position on marijuana has changed.

NV Wino
    • Total Posts: 3,175
    @nvwino

Maybe he should try it to be sure.

“As we act, let us not become the evil that we deplore.” Barbara Lee
    “Politicians and pro athletes: The only people who still get paid when they lose.” William Rivers Pitt

HassleCat
    • Total Posts: 1,472
    @hasslecat

Go to one of the websites where you know Joe Biden will be defended no matter what. His acolytes are saying his “more study needed” excuse is very, very different from saying he would not legalize. You can see why Biden is sinking. His supporters are finding it more and more difficult to pretend he’s progressive, or even liberal. On the website where he was once defended unconditionally, many posters are now openly ridiculing him, apparently without being banned. This signals a shift in mainstream Democratic thinking. Originally, they had Biden picked as another Hillary Clinton, a candidate who could easily crush all primary opposition. They even invented the term “electability” to differentiate Biden from the other candidates who lacked “electability.” Now electable has turned to laughable, and even the most tenacious of his defenders are unwilling to appear stupid by defending his every gaffe and stupid statement. My personal fear is that there is enough Biden momentum within the core of the party to keep pushing him forward, perhaps even using superdelegates to nominate him at a deadlocked convention.

JonLP
      Donor
      • Total Posts: 897
      @jonlp

I can’t believe what I’m reading. We usually only hear this gateway drug nonsense from the Republicans.

Tulsi Gabbard - "Not only are they saying that about me, they are basically sending this message out to every veteran in this country, every service member, every American, anyone watching at home fighting for peace and who was calling for an end to these regime change wars ... they are saying that you are also a Russian asset, that you are also a traitor to this country,"

Jan Boehmermann
    • Total Posts: 1,905
    @janboehmermann

Poor Ol’ Joe Biden isn’t sure of much of anything these days.

https://binged.it/2COUL02

Ohio Barbarian
    • Total Posts: 7,829
    @ohiobarbarian

Big Pharma doesn’t want pot legalized. Biden takes their money, therefore he doesn’t want it legalized.

We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.--Franklin Delano Roosevelt

With Bernie Sanders, we have the receipts. --Nina Turner

B Calm
    • Total Posts: 340
    @bcalm

If he is not sure, we should decriminalize weed until we know the truth!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.