Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Expert Panel Gives Trudeau a Blueprint to Legalize Marijuana

• N2Doc (2753 posts)
    Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

Expert Panel Gives Trudeau a Blueprint to Legalize Marijuana

Greg Quinn and Jen Skerritt
    December 13, 2016 at 10:52:14 AM EST
    Canada should allow people aged 18 and up to buy recreational marijuana through a wide range of retail options, according to a government-commissioned report that lays out groundwork for legalizing the drug.

Canada’s Task Force on Cannabis Legalization and Regulation made more than 80 recommendations on how the government should regulate the industry, including proposals to distribute cannabis through channels such as storefronts and mail order. The report, which was delivered to the government last month, was released publicly Tuesday in Ottawa.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has pledged to legalize and regulate recreational use of the drug, which would be a first among Group of Seven nations. The plan has fueled a surge in Canada’s marijuana stocks in anticipation of billions of dollars of legitimate revenue.

more

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-13/canada-should-permit-retail-marijuana-sales-panel-says

Enthusiast, eridani, Sadie and 4 others7wo7rees, spud demon, jwirr, NothingcleverjustRay like this
    "But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
9 replies
    • alcina (276 posts)
      Profile photo of alcina Donor

1. I hope he follows through

And I really hope it doesn’t become totally controlled by corporations (but I’m less than optimistic with this government).

I’ve been buying medical cannabis for the last 2 years here in Ontario. It’s been interesting: I can only (legally) buy from one supplier at a time; I can only buy the concentration that’s prescribed (eg, my scrip allows max 15% THC); and up until recently I could only buy the dried plant — now I can get an extract but it’s so stinking expensive that I probably won’t. The thing I’ve found the funniest is that I have to buy it online or by phone, and it’s shipped via Canada Post. Yeah, it arrives in my mailbox! But it’s expensive: My high CBD strain is $12.50/gram and the extract of the same strain is $200 for 50 ml. And my choice is pretty restricted: My supplier has only 8 strains; and if I want to try something from another supplier, I have to see the doctor again — which can take several weeks — and get the new supplier assigned to me …which then prevents me from buying from the old supplier. Much better to be able to walk into a store, like in Seattle.

Anyway, it’s progress. But like our liquor laws — at least in Ontario — it has the potential of severely limiting choice and vastly increasing the price. We shall see….

• Sadie (3064 posts)
        Profile photo of Sadie Donor

2. Though you

can grow legally, correct?  Do it in a closet.  It is very easy to make the oil.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
        • alcina (276 posts)

3. Yes, I believe you can grow your own

I found this article that explains the rules. I think it’s still valid:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/medical-marijuana-home-growing-law-1.3716860

I’ve used the vaped herb to make coconut-oil infusions — read somewhere that you could do that — but I never know what concentration I’m getting out of it. Lately, I’ve just been using the infusion to make salves. It actually works pretty well for some of my pains. But I probably should grow it myself. I have a greenhouse and I grow other medicinal herbs, so maybe one day I’ll add it to the list.

• Sadie (3064 posts)

4. If you have the time

and can join a FB group of growers they will walk you through all the way to the making of the oil.  It is going to be the concentration of the plant you choose to grow.  I have been using the oil (combo of Blue Dream & Girl Scout Cookies) for bladder cancer and I am all clear now.  I took it in suppository and sublingually.  Many use the salve for pain as well.  Lots of people use the oil for lyme disease, MS, crohn’s, and ptsd.

Wake up, peeps, their kids go to Harvard and Yale; your kids go to Iraq & Afghanistan.   
          • Sadie (3064 posts)

5. Also

you can grow to full harvest in approx 80 days.  Here is a clear guide for knowing what to do at near harvest time.

• alcina (276 posts)

6. Thanks, Sadie!

That video is really interesting. In fact, that whole website looks very informative.

Buying the oil and even the plant is getting to be quite expensive, so eventually I will be forced to grow my own. But I definitely have to do more research.

So do you think the oil is what cured your bladder cancer, or was it an adjunct to other treatment?

• Sadie (3064 posts)

7. I do believe

so and it was quite by accident that I discovered that FECO (full extract cannabis oil) was great for Bladder Cancer as well as a few other types.  In July 2014, I found out that I had stage 2 aggressive Urothelial Carcinoma that had not yet penetrated the bladder muscle while having an ultrasound for a different matter.  I am very lucky to have caught it early, because it moves very aggressively and most people have to have their bladder removed.

I joined a bladder cancer group as well as several cancer groups on FB, because I was terrified.  That is where I met several others who had already healed bladder cancer with cannabis oil.  I used mine in suppository and can help further in PM if you would like to know more.  Several have documented their success.  A friend of mine, Carol Smith’s husband Trevor had stage 4 and was told by his Urologist that he needed to have immediate removal of his bladder, here is his story.

• alcina (276 posts)

8. That was indeed a lucky find!

I’ve had several close family members die of colon cancer, so I’ve been reading up on that. I also had an acquaintance years back who beat pancreatic cancer — stage 4 when discovered! — by eating a diet very similar to the one described in your friend’s story and also megadosing with cannabis juice.

Yes, please PM me with more info about your treatment. Thanks!

• Sadie (3064 posts)

9. Okay,

watch for it later today.  :)

I forgot to mention that bladder cancer as some other cervical cancers are not able to have chemo.  I knew when I was diagnosed that I would avoid chemo/radiation at all costs.  My husband was radiated 10 years ago for esophageal cancer and it ruined his teeth, his hearing and his saliva glands.  So, it was not even an option.  I did all natural, plus I kept my attitude positive.  I know about 10 others who have had great success with the FECO.