Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Hey, Elias39

• LuckyDog (640 posts)
    Profile photo of LuckyDog

Hey, Elias39

how’d the visit to the dispensary go?  Did you get relief?

I was in the dispensary myself yesterday to get some more of the clear concentrate that I use for sleep.  While I was there I noticed no one was at the plant counter, so I took the opportunity to get a couple of clones to start my program this year.  Beat the March rush so to speak.

I bought two Grand Daddy Purples, pure indica, as I haven’t been thrilled with the hybrids I have been trying.  That should be it for me this year.  I will likely give away most of the sativa hybrid buds that I have from last year.  As we get older we tend to discard what isn’t working, eh?

Enthusiast likes this

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
15 replies
  • elias39 (3098 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

1. Hi LD.

First thing I noticed was there were 3 times as many people there than my last visit 3 weeks ago. And there were 3 people to attend you rather than 2. (Funny – I don’t want to call them ‘salespeople’ like it’s a boutique or a flower shop. I like to think of them almost as PAs or nurse practitioners. None would try to interest me in a Volcano vaporizer unless I brought it up.)

Anyway, what I bought was a tin with a beeswax and coconut oil base. It’s very hard at room temperature so I scratch out a piece with the back of my thumbnail and set it in my palm for a few seconds and it’s ready to spread. I haven’t had a specific complaint for a few days so I haven’t had a chance to test it properly. (I hurt all over and there isn’t enough for a full-body cannabis massage)

Soon enough I’ll pull a muscle or aggravate my neck. Then I’l have a good test. I tried rubbing enough to grease up my hands lightly but it seems to have no effect on my generally sore hands and wrists from RA. If I split a little wood – and my wrist starts screaming, stop! stop! I wonder if it would help.

Doesn’t smell too good.

The amount of information they tag their products with is beyond reasonable.

150mg THC per container

CBD: <0.03%, CBN:<0.03%, CBG: 5.11%, CBC: <0.03%

Total THC: 83.61%THC-V:<0.03%  and more.

More later as I use it in different situations. $50 for the tin. #” in diameter and 3/4 ” tall. Oh. There it is :2oz.

Time for a bowl. That works for the generalized discomfort!

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
    • FanBoy (7985 posts)
      Profile photo of FanBoy

4. $50 for 2 oz of salve? seriously?

• elias39 (3098 posts)

5. Seriously. 150mg THC per container. Or less than a gram per can.

Yep. I’ll be trying something else next time.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
        • FanBoy (7985 posts)
          Profile photo of FanBoy

9. was there nothing else to try this time?

• FanBoy (7985 posts)
          Profile photo of FanBoy

13. It seems you could make your own salve a lot cheaper. I thought one

of the benefits of legalization was to take the big profits out of the equation.  Seems you pay the man his cut either way, and since most places I’m aware of still restrict the right to grow one’s own in some way, the state is still in the enforcement business.

It also occurs to me that this is always the way — capital inevitably works toward monopoly of resources and real knowledge, using every tool in its kit.

• elias39 (3098 posts)

2. I've never cloned a plant.

Is it more for indoor growing?

• xloadiex (285 posts)
      Profile photo of xloadiex

3. It's really easy to clone

That’s how I did all my grows. The original plants I started from seed. With clones you are at least pretty sure you will wind up with females. I used jiffy pods and rooting hormone. For a nice little greenhouse incubator I used one of those plastic rotisserie  chicken containers from Costco. Works like a charm. Just keep them under some CFL’s and mist daily. You should see roots in 5 to 10 days.

• Jan Boehmermann (3404 posts)
        Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

6. Isn't a female plant assured when you clone?

Assuming, of course, that you cloned a female plant.

• xloadiex (285 posts)

7. Yes

That’s what I mean. If you just throw some random seeds in It’s a wait and see. I have read that clones from a female can herme but I’ve never had that experience.

• Jan Boehmermann (3404 posts)
            Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

8. Thanks. That makes sense.

I could see how stress might make them go herme.

One of these days I’m going to give it a try.

• elias39 (3098 posts)

10. Let me understand. Are you actually inserting a cut branch

into the rootstock of a different, growing plant? That, to me, is cloning – the way they develop some many varieties of fruit trees fro example.

OR are you taking a cutting of a growing plant and providing the medium for the plant to establish its own roots and grow to maturity?

• xloadiex (285 posts)

11. Taking a cutting

of a growing plant and growing to maturity.

• potisok (25 posts)
          Profile photo of potisok Donor

12. yes

“Cutting’s of a growing plant and providing the medium for the plant to establish its own roots and grow to maturity” is correct, not like fruit trees although you can graft a pot cutting to hops roots I have read. Pot cutting grows into same plant its is cut from, inside or outside is the same except for cost and control of elements. Have a mother plant (under 24 hr. light) I have cut clones from going on three years, have grown the babies from said plant both inside and out.

I just take a sterile cutting, dip in a rooting propagation goo, stick it in Rockwool one inch cube, keep watered and a high humidity dome over till I can see roots (approx. two weeks), move rooted clone to a six inch Rockwool block and finish under lights or move rooted clone directly to potting soil outside.

Lots of good stuff on the web concerning more and better ways of cloning, new and advanced ways, the above is cheap and a bit primitive, dependable and simple.

• elias39 (3098 posts)

14. Hold on! Are you saying you have (or had) a 3-year-old-plant?

You MUST mean that from a single plant, you started 3 generations of offspring, right?

What I’m getting at with indoor/outdoor growing of cuttings, is that outdoors, I need the whole summer season to bring a plant to maturity (even at that, here in NH it’s a short summer). So as an outdoor grower, there really is no advantage to clones.

I start from seeds indoors around the end of March and have 8″-12″ tall sturdy seedlings to put in the ground when the weather moderates.

If I had lights, etc, I’d take a couple of mid-season cuttings from myoutdoor crop and grow inside through spring. Thats be sweet but I don’t have the space or the $$ for indoor growing.

• potisok (25 posts)
              Profile photo of potisok Donor

15. "Have", sort of mean like to a plant, 24 hr day light.

I grew the original plant the fall of 2014 from seed, indoors under T-5 florescent light till was about 12″ – 16″  and moved it to outdoors, as soon as the plant showed its sex I took a cutting, that cutting is the one referred to, it has been sorely used to supply all my clones since then, getting ready to give it a good chopping, as it has become top heavy and hard to deal with. So sometime after July this year it will have been cut from the original for three years. I am smoking and eating three + generations of offspring, have grown a couple other types but have found this one pleasant. Have the luxury of a small consistent grow under lights, ceramic metal halide.

I have grown clones of of doors but not as successful as I would like. Lacking the proper enclosure out of door, I grow amongst the grape vine and have to tie the plants over, not a choice environment. I have seen clones starts grown as successfully as seed starts out doors though. Rumors of 1 lb. per plant not uncommon.

Time and space is a constant factor for me also, short growing season, no space. Growing pot still is about as much fun as you can have next to growing food.