Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

I made my first dispensary trip this week.

• elias39 (2577 posts)
    Profile photo of elias39 Donor

I made my first dispensary trip this week.

I got my med card at the end of October and finally got a chance to visit Temescal Wellness, which is 45 minutes from my home. Hours are Tues, Fri and Sunday 12-7PM. I felt like I’d gone back in time to the days of the speakeasy…press a buzzer and a voice asks you to hold your ID up to a camera mounted by the door. They buzz you in.

Very antiseptic, laboratory-like appearance. 2 people behind the counter and 3 customers. I had expected more of a natural foods store or herb shop. But, in keeping with the “therapeutic cannabis” appellation – as it’s called here in NH-  it’s more Dr’s office than retail shop.

A 30-something year old man did a kind of intake or consultation with me in a private attached room, I suppose to help assess my needs and to inform me about what was currently available. Nice enough guy. Told me a few things I didn’t know and a lot of things I already did.

I’d never tried a tincture before so I picked up a dropper bottle of tincture, which I won;t again. Supposed to be used sublingually – starting dose of 5 drops under the tongue – for quick absorption for pain relief. Well, that stuff caused more pain than it relieved because it BURNED LIKE FIRE. So that goes on a special shelf. Also picked up 1/8 oz of good indica flowers. $50 per eighth, $360 per oz. All strains.

The one thing I was truly looking forward to trying was not yet in their inventory (they’re still working out kinks). But this week they have begun carrying a salve for sore muscles and joints. THAT I really want to try.

All in all, an interesting experience…to walk outside with cannabis products in the full light of day, get in my car and drive home with no anxiety.

MsConduct, MrMickeysMom, Sadie and 4 othersMom Cat, Enthusiast, Haikugal, Punxsutawney like this
    “Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
8 replies
  • Haikugal (4802 posts)
    Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

1. Are you vaping or rolling?

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!!
    • elias39 (2577 posts)

3. I burn it one way or another.

Sometimes I roll. Mostly, though,  I use one of my pipes.

And of course there are the edibles! Which I’m finding are awesome for my arthritis. I mean it!

I bought a vaporizer last summer but didn’t have good results. My buds were never dry enough or something  I was experimenting with my home grown which I try to keep at about 60% humidity in the jar. But that just seems too moist for the vape pen. I may try again.

“Name, no, nothing is nameable, tell, no, nothing can be told, what then, I don't know, I shouldn't have begun.” ― Samuel Beckett, Stories and Texts for Nothing
  • share (355 posts)
    Profile photo of share

2. Take that tincture and mix it in with a good topical. It burns because it's

probably made with everclear or 151 rum.  A lot of people have troubles with alcohol so they make their tinctures with glycerin.  You can take that alcohol based one and mix it in even just with some coconut oil and rub it on what hurts.  (Not open wounds, major stinging!)

• elias39 (2577 posts)

4. Oooo. Great tip! Gonna try that tomorrow!

That way it won’t go to waste or deteriorate.

Thanks

• Enthusiast (6607 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

5. This is amazing.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church
  • Viva la Revolution (50 posts)
    Profile photo of Viva la Revolution

7. you can add the tincture to juice or tea… no burning on the way down.

• GreedKills (466 posts)
    Profile photo of GreedKills

8. I just checked out the Temescal website

and it is amazing the difference what is available up north compared to NYS.  Wish you the best in finding relief

http://www.temescalwellness.com/menuboard-dover2.html

We could of had people in the street celebrating a Sanders victory...........  #FreeJulian