Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Judge Gorsuch rules police cannot be sued for excessive force

• B Calm (797 posts)
    Profile photo of B Calm

Judge Gorsuch rules police cannot be sued for excessive force

against marijuana growers!

During his over 10 years on the federal bench, Judge Gorsuch has proven to be a conservative ideologue who has consistently ruled against civil rights, women’s rights and workers’ rights. And he has expounded a judicial philosophy that would prevent the federal government from properly enforcing countless acts of Congress,” said Wade Henderson, president and CEO of the Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights. “The president could have nominated an independent or consensus candidate for this seat, someone like Merrick Garland, whose record has proven to be unimpeachable. Instead, he chose Neil Gorsuch to be a rubber stamp and another ‘yes man’ for this administration.”

Michael Keegan, president of People for the American Way, was also quick to criticize Gorsuch as an extreme right-winger. “Over the course of his career, he’s turned his back on fundamental American rights, from shutting down claims of gender discrimination in the workplace, to trying to limit Americans’ ability to join class-action lawsuits to challenge corporate wrong-doing, to ruling in the original Hobby Lobby [Obamacare] decision that corporations are people and can refuse to offer their employees birth control, to claiming that a police officer could not be sued for using excessive force when his stun gun killed a young man running from police simply because he was growing marijuana plants,” he said. “That’s appalling.”

http://www.salon.com/2017/02/01/neil-gorsuch-president-trumps-anti-choice-pick-for-the-supreme-court_partner/

VoiceOfReason, , Pastiche and 4 othersEnthusiast, MrMickeysMom, Mom Cat, ThouArtThat like this
    “When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders    

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Mom Cat (8041 posts)
    Profile photo of Mom Cat Donor

1. Good article. Thanks for the nausea.

NEVER FORGET      BERNIE WON!          
  • MrMickeysMom (1327 posts)
    Profile photo of MrMickeysMom Donor

2. Watching the shit pile higher and deeper every day…

Yes.. a big distraction from a board room in control (for the time being) before some major shit storms this summer.

We’re living in a history of a completely failed ability to govern from all three branches. How are you enjoying this LSD trip? While I’m not working or calling everyone in the Congress, EPA or State Dept, I’ve starting doing Kundalini Yoga.

This is cosmic.

Hell no...I'm not giving up...     cat-gif-238.gif giphy.gif
  • Enthusiast (7810 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

3. Gorsuch is unfit to be a judge in any capacity.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church