• Update on weirdness

Update on site issues: (1. replies now need a title *and* something in the message box, 2. certain links are causing strange pop-ups on Apple devices, and 3. Some folks can't type anything into the text box.) Basically, a series of unfortunate events set us back on testing. We'll get to it as soon as we can, and hopefully things can get fixed by this weekend if not before.  More info: https://jackpineradicals.com/boards/topic/site-problems-more-info/

Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

Sessions walks back

• zoolook67 (581 posts)
    Profile photo of zoolook67 Donor

Sessions walks back

After delivering prepared remarks comparing marijuana to heroin and insisting that “using drugs will destroy your life,” Sessions told reporters that much of the Obama-era guidance that paved the way for states to legalize marijuana is “valid.” It’s the clearest indication yet that he may not be readying for a nationwide crackdown as some drug policy reformers have feared.

“The Cole Memorandum set up some policies under President Obama’s Department of Justice about how cases should be selected in those states and what would be appropriate for federal prosecution, much of which I think is valid,” Sessions told reporters.

Sessions said he “may have some different ideas myself in addition to that,” but indicated that the Justice Department doesn’t have the resources to enforce federal prohibition in states across the country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jeff-sessions-legal-marijuana_us_58c967c0e4b03b1fc5cf5ca8?x4pyrwmy3uqsemi&

Pastiche, Enthusiast, Phlem and 2 othersVoiceOfReason, ThouArtThat like this
    Living well is the best revenge.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
14 replies
  • ThouArtThat (4031 posts)
    Profile photo of ThouArtThat Donor

1. Translation – Corporations Want A Cut Of The Action – Wont Do To Make It Illegal

eom

"In America Today, Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely" - Anonymous  
    • Punxsutawney (1301 posts)
      Profile photo of Punxsutawney Donor

2. A new meaning to:

Anheuser-Busch “This Bud’s For You!”

Not saying that’s a good thing.

To neoliberals, everyone and everything are disposable. -  Chris Hedges  “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness" - J.K. Galbraith
      • ThouArtThat (4031 posts)
        Profile photo of ThouArtThat Donor

3. Just Waiting For All The "Toke Responsibly" Ads To Come As PSAs

eom

"In America Today, Power Corrupts and Money Corrupts Absolutely" - Anonymous  

7. A reasonable trade off for national legalization.

The Washington State Police have billboards out that remind people not to drive while high. I can’t remember the exact language, but not unreasonable and fair enough given the legal status of cannabis. Not hearing of any stats on increase of traffic problems due to use either here in Oregon or Washington.

To neoliberals, everyone and everything are disposable. -  Chris Hedges  “The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness" - J.K. Galbraith
  • HassleCat (927 posts)
    Profile photo of HassleCat

4. He probably doesn't know how popular hemp smoking is.

Like many uninformed people, Sessions probably sees pot smokers as aging hippies, skateboarding stoners, and Nee-grow rappers.  He can’t possibly appreciate how many preppers, hillbillies, soccer moms, and other Republicans like to spark up while watching Fox News.  Maybe one of his aides clued him in.

• zoolook67 (581 posts)

9. Not to mention a number of his former colleagues, probably.

• VoiceOfReason (989 posts)
    Profile photo of VoiceOfReason Banned

5. all i got to say

"Men who do evil brilliantly are often admired"  Voltaire BERN BABY BERN!!  War is madness!
    • HassleCat (927 posts)
      Profile photo of HassleCat

11. You know this one, of course.

Little Feat – Don’t Bogart That Joint

• Phlem (483 posts)
    Profile photo of Phlem Donor

6. This nut sac still has to go.

I really don’t care what he believes.

Just for uttering the words that come out of his mouth is enough for me.

That nazi piece of shit still has to go!

• zoolook67 (581 posts)

8. No argument here!

12. +100

10. Part of the problem that Sessions will run into

Is that by State Legalization, the state governments and employees of state governments are all participating in the crime so to speak. Are they going to go after them as well? That is going to produce a lot of local resistance and probably court cases. And since the money being generated by legal cannabis is now out in the open, there is going to be a lot available to try to tie things up in court. Now, that said, there are a lot of nasty ways the Feds can make life miserable for states that support legal cannabis that don’t involve LE and one shouldn’t underestimate the authoritarian nature of the current regime.

Also, I don’t know if civil asset forfeiture is done by judicial ruling or jury, but if the latter, good luck getting a verdict for the Feds out of me for this, or a guilty verdict for anything legally condoned in Oregon. Under no conditions would I support the Feds on this.

• Haikugal (5305 posts)
      Profile photo of Haikugal Donor

13. Well put, thanks!

Be the bird.....       Hey DNC! Up Yours! It's ON!! Kick against the pricks!!!
  • Enthusiast (8244 posts)
    Profile photo of Enthusiast Donor

14. He remains an inbred knuckle dragger.

"The NSA’s capability at any time could be turned around on the American people, and no American would have any privacy left, such is the capability to monitor everything. There would be no place to hide."  Frank Church