Cannabis on JPR

Home Cannabis on JPR

White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

• N2Doc (2795 posts)
    Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

White House hints at crackdown on recreational marijuana

White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Thursday suggested the Trump administration will step up enforcement of federal laws against recreational marijuana.

“I think you’ll see greater enforcement,” Spicer said, while adding the exact policy is “a question for the Department of Justice.”

It’s the latest sign President Trump is poised to take a tougher approach than the Obama Justice Department did in states that have legalized the use of recreational marijuana.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions was coy about his approach last month during his confirmation hearing.

more
    http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/320902-white-house-hints-at-crackdown-on-recreational-marijuana

Purveyor, Enthusiast, VoiceOfReason and 4 othersRocco, zoolook67, Punxsutawney, like this
    "But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

▼ Hide Reply Index
10 replies
  • Punxsutawney (791 posts)
    Profile photo of Punxsutawney Donor

1. A*holes

Sorry for the foul language…just how I feel at the moment. I would add, don’t forget that Manchin voted for Sessions.

I don’t see many millennials ever voting Republican again in their lifetimes, though that doesn’t mean they will vote for Democrats either.

To neoliberals, everyone and everything are disposable. -  Chris Hedges
  • zoolook67 (547 posts)
    Profile photo of zoolook67 Donor

2. So much for fiscal responsibility…

Living well is the best revenge.
    • Mom Cat (6680 posts)
      Profile photo of Mom Cat Donor

3. So much for a second term!

NEVER FORGET      BERNIE WON!          
  • Rocco (548 posts)
    Profile photo of Rocco Donor

4. This has gone too far.

Gangs, terrorists, polluters, bank fraudsters, and these bass turds want to go after pot smokers?!?!?!?!

WTF is wrong with them?

• N2Doc (2795 posts)
      Profile photo of N2Doc Donor

5. They are Republicans

Some things, like fraud and corruption, aren’t important to them (unless done by a Democrat). But light a joint and they go berserk.

"But nothing ever changes unless there's some pain" - Tears For Fears "Goodnight Song"
  • Jan Boehmermann (2802 posts)
    Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

6. I doubt it!

• Jan Boehmermann (2802 posts)
    Profile photo of Jan Boehmermann Donor

7. Listen to Sean Spicer's entire reply to the question.

http://www.attn.com/stories/15164/white-house-reveals-its-stance-marijuana-legalization

• B Calm (752 posts)
    Profile photo of B Calm

8. I blame the Obama administration for not changing

marijuana classification!

“When I was a kid growing up, I think my instincts always were for the underdog.” – Bernie Sanders    
    • Pastiche (469 posts)
      Profile photo of Pastiche Donor

9. So do I!

• shanti (318 posts)
      Profile photo of shanti Donor

10. yes, and he could have done it

but he didn’t! i will always hold this against him, things he could have done with the bully pulpit. :( grrrrrrr